Author Topic: What's on the workbench?  (Read 2199 times)

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
Re: What's on the workbench?
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 03:22:05 PM »
it's good to see we are all progressing nicely :D

I have just put Alice and the Jabberwocky on the table, thinking of painting it like a lizard, a bright vibrant green under belly and head with a brown top. Markings of orange and White like a python. Red eyes.

Well that sounds good- now how the monkeys am I going to achieve it? ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 06:16:51 AM by Nicholas Ball »

snagy

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 01:31:10 PM »
Friends,
I am working on the last figure of my present Napoleon's retreat project.
Here are the figures completed sofar and the last one in work.
Best regards-
sandor

Grimm

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 01:01:16 PM »
Right now I paint Apaches. The figures are engraved by Wolfgang Friedrich.after Mike Michaelis drawings. The figures comes from Erhardt Strassburg.

Bernt

Brian

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 04:50:32 AM »
It getting there  ;)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

La Parisienne 90mm

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 04:19:51 AM »
That's all looking good.

Having finished the Kestral, I am now mounting up the 2015 project.

also I am working on the "2D- BFFS-30th Euromilitaire anniversary waterloo figure. This figure will be available at Kulmbach, anyone interested please let us know so we can take extra's. ;) ;)   it's 75mm, and is very very nicely engraved by Daniel lepeltier

alfsboy

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 06:21:18 PM »
I have a couple last worked on in 1985 ish maybe earlier .I didnt really pick it all up again until I found this site and fired up my eyeballs.I am trying to actually finish some groups and frame them up .Time does indeed pass too quick .I'm 68 and  still dont use a magnifier unless to check stuff out.

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 04:51:02 PM »
It's good to know I am not the only one who wanders between projects.  We will have to have a contest to see who has the most partially started figures...

My personal record for picking up a figure and finishing is 27 years so far.  (I used to track such things.)  Mind you my intent has always been to finish everything but, time tends to pass too quickly.

mark  8)
Site Admin

Hannibal

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 04:03:51 PM »
I've my long term painting project of the Knights of the Order of Gartner ... three done on 15, one in cleaning...., one set of Ottoman music players from Oldhafer and a few larger scale flats for competition in 2016....
As a small exception, I started a swedish cuirassier of the 30 years war yesterday, forcmpletion this week....
Alice série, Ottoman army, greek army, several Astérix flats are among the long list of wishes competing with each other and influencing my short term choices......!!
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

alfsboy

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 02:49:48 PM »
I have been painting some flats as I sculpt my  little figures  for people .Trouble is I am also building an H0 Southern Pacific railroad and also some 1/43 racing car  body master patterns  so  have to share out the time to get anywhere ..The procession is the Nurnburger Kaufmannzug  set .A long way to go yet and more figures to add .I got it from Alexander Wilkens .A great guy .I think its out of production now and no idea who made it  .its not perfect design or castings but its one of my long term pet projects  as I have a Nurnburger lebkuchen tin with it on.

The two Napoleonics I have been painting for ever.They must be finished one day surely  :)
forgot to add .The flagbearer is a Fredericus Rex 30mm .I am plucking up courage to paint a curvy  eagle to follow the contours [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

marko

• Administrator
What's on the workbench?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 11:43:18 AM »
Quiet list of late - summer heat and family vacation I suspect or like me 60 - 70 hour weeks of late. 

Still I have managed the odd hour or two and have been working on a Western Miniatures flower fairy as well as a major portion of Neckel's - Egyptian drama of the 'Mouth Opening Ceremony'.  I am dedicated to finishing an entire series rather than following my general course of painting where the spirit moves me which has resulted in a large backlog of partially finished figures.

I also have managed to purchase a small set of Janissaries engraved by Sixtus Maier and the base set of Alice in Wonderland from Western Miniatures - when one can't paint due to the heat one buys figures one will not be able to paint due to the heat...

What is everyone else up to or avoiding to paint at the moment?

mark  8)

Site Admin