Author Topic: Banner layout for Schwyz banner of Murten  (Read 1601 times)

Re: Banner layout for Schwyz banner of Murten
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 04:18:16 PM »
So how did you flag come out? Willie

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 10:35:11 AM »

Sandor. About the only thing that comes close to the picture is in the book The Army of King Matthias 1458-1526 By Gyozo Somogyi  on page 64. Also you might like to take a look at flags for war gamers. The decals sheets and the flags . Willie

snagy

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 05:45:42 AM »
Thank you Gentlemen for your help!
Thank you Michel for the illustrated analysis! :D
Yes, you are right: taking the proportion of the banner's photo, the drawing should be very small.
However considering the Gottstein drawing (the extreme bottom of my original post) it is about one quarter of the flag.
So that is why I asked for you kind opinion.
Of course it is not a vital question - but you know: the hobby is hobby!
Perfection is expected...   (hahaha...  ;D )
Anyway thank you once again.
Best regards-
Sandor

Hannibal

Topic: Banner layout for Schwyz banner of Murten
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 03:52:17 AM »
Hello snagy,

found your message this morning, in Turkey.
Your picture comes from this flag stored at the Bundesbriefmuseum (Le musée des chartes fédérales) at Schwytz in Swtzzerland. You have extracted the picture from a PDF file ( http://www.sz.ch/documents/Fahnen_Fuehrung_6.pdf ) wherein the flag is small on the page, among five flags on the width of 21 cm wide paper.

Unless going and visiting tis museum to concult the flag (assuming it would be available to the public), I see no other way to analyse the content, than using a PC on that image.

Keep in mind that the size of the image in the upper left corner of the flag is very very small, and if scaled down to your 30 mm size flat, would be not marger than 1 square mm , quite uneasy to paint, and even more to see after!!

But I have enlarged the painted section and manipulated a bit the drawing with visibl pixels by adapting the contrast and colours with the following three pics, which could help you to reproduce it.

I cant help more at this point.
Obviousely it represents Jesus on the cross, surrounded by various objects, perhaps representing the statue in a Church or a cathedral with several symblic objects around him.

The red colour of the flag is rather an Alizarin Crimson red, but the background red of the painted small area is rather a bright red, or clear cadmium red tone.

Michel

Pic 1 = rough   

Pic 2 = more contrast 
pic 3 = further more contrast 

Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

errant49

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 03:48:30 AM »
I think you can find it in the Osprey book " The Swiss at war"
I am not home today but tomorrow I shall give you more precise informations
Eric

snagy

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 02:29:35 AM »
Not any idea??? :(
Br.
Sandor

snagy

Banner layout for Schwyz banner of Murten
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 11:42:26 AM »
Friends,
I am looking for the  layout of the Schwyz banner of battle Murten.
I have something, that might be, but the drawing is not clear on the picture (see first pic attached)
It will be for the Gottstein figure MU-80 (second pic attached).
Any info would be welcome.  ::)
Thanks a best regards-
Sandor