« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 09:31:36 AM »
I also have some of his lovely figures, very sad news indeed.  :'(
Roger Newsome.
BFFS member.
Bedale, North Yorkshire.

Grimm

Re: Vlad
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 12:50:30 PM »
Really sad news. He was truly a friendly person.

nmrocks

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 10:40:24 AM »
So sad, I have many of his castings in my collection, 64 so young for this time...
Ray

Brian

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 08:44:30 AM »
I was talking to him in August.

8/8/2016

Hi, Brian! Thank you. It remains for us to wish  to Charles successful sales. And I was beginning to be interested in the Middle Ages

Vlad.

Понедельник, 8 августа 2016, 12:50 +04:00 от keywood brian <bk006d7771@blueyonder.co.uk>:

Hello Vlad, just a quick email to say well done to you and Charles on the new 30mm figures, the designs are great and paint up very well,  I look forward to the next set of figures.
Again a big well done!!!
Brian  

socko47

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 08:11:55 AM »
If you google his name there is a notice of a 64 yr old death in June.

Charles

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 08:03:42 AM »
Yes, it is bad news Brian.
Thanks for the update Andrew.
Vlad and I only really had contact about the Light Brigade figures. I sent him lots of uniform details and he then produced all those drawings. We changed a few things and have ended up with the Lancers you have been selling.
The next batch are a few more Lancers, couple of Hussars, and Russian cannon and artillerymen. It is a real shame that he cant finish the project.
He sent me details of Russian uniforms and units too. He never charged me for any of the drawings, it was a labour of love for him. He always replied immediately and couldn't have been more helpful.
He also sent me pictures of other figures he had designed and coloured. I will try and get them on the website if I can.
Charles

Brian

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 06:48:52 AM »
I to have been trying to get contact with Family and friends but also no joy.
Vlad could rub you the wrong way but I still regarded him as a good friend and sorry hear this news, we had lots of chats with email and these will be missed, Vlad and myself know how to put the world right if we had the chance.

I still have not had it confirmed but if this is the case rest in Peace my old friend.   

Andrew

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 06:24:58 AM »
 It is my regret to inform everyone that unfortunately this news is true. According to strict rules the Russian Post has to advise the reason why the parcel has not been delivered, they can only mark as "receipient dead" with subject to an official authorities order.
Yesterday, we tried to get in contact with Vlad's family but failed, he lived in Orsk city alone. Therefore  there will be no information regarding his works. As far as I know there were no moulds in his possession, as a true artist he was never satisfied with results and always demolished his preceding works upon birth of new product. Once he cooked anything up he posted it online immediately.

He was very open hearted and I wish everyone could remember him as most cheerful and full of humor fellow.
Several years ago, when he was in Moscow with painting course promoting his figures, some collectors asked him how old he was and he has replied most seriously: soon I will turn 78...(everyone was amazed how well he looked for his age!) but then he added in the same serious way: but yet I am only 52 :)

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 11:08:15 AM »
This is very sad news, he was always very up in my communications and had some quite original creations.  A legacy of the positive is always a good thing and I will think of his creations with a smile.

mark  8)
Site Admin

nmrocks

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 10:38:07 AM »
God I hope there's some mistake, I so much enjoyed his work, he was a bit temperamental, but most artists are in some way.
If he is gone, I think an effort should be made to preserve whatever art, design or possibly molds that his family might not want to keep. Over the span of his life there must be some very nice items, I'd love to have some of his original work but, preservation is most important.
So sad....
Ray

Charles

Vlad
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 09:57:25 AM »
Vladislav Yankovsky, known to us all as Jank, has posted a few times on the site with his cardboard cut outs and other designs, chiefly Napoleonic French and Russian Cavalry. Some will know he drew the Light Brigade figures that I have recently had engraved by Karl Rieger.
I sent a complimentary set to Vlad in Orsk, Russia. Six weeks later and mystified about why he was no longer responding to my emails or posting on the site, the package has been returned to me this morning. Across the front is written the word 'Died'.
I was concerned that something serious had happened to Vlad, and this seems to be the answer, although it has not been possible to find out any more.
He was a friendly guy interested in all sorts of projects and sometimes a bit touchy, you had to be complimentary or else! Brian I know has some of his figures cast in plaster moulds and his cut-out books. Anyway, that is all I know and looks like the answer to his sudden absence back in August. Unfortunately he won't be doing any more drawings and the Light Brigade line of figures may have to come to an end too, after the next batch which are being engraved right now.
Charles