Author Topic: Got the moulds  (Read 925 times)

Brian

Re: Got the moulds
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2022, 01:55:56 PM »
Next time Christian will let you know  ;)

Brian

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 01:54:12 PM »
So going and getting or leaving a few moulds was only an official excuse, for .... drinking hughe amounts of German beers .........
Reading the story, I can't even understand whether you brought and dropped, or collected moulds from Western Miniatures.

Yes lots of beer   ;) ,  WM had moulds made by many engravers and when Dick died the moulds were sold, the moulds I and Christine collected are the one's left, also Benedikt has been unable to get the moulds he brought and as we were at the engravers we delivered   the moulds he had brought, easy!!   

Christian

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 11:10:37 AM »
Hi Brian,

You stopped in Essen? Crazy, I didn't know that... :(
But by the way, we couldn't meet us, because actually I'm in Greece  ;)

Next time!!!

BG Christian
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 01:56:12 PM by Christian »
Christian, Kettwig (Germany)
Privatoffizin Kettwiger Zinnfiguren / Kettwiger tin figures

Hannibal

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 08:38:34 AM »
So going and getting or leaving a few moulds was only an official excuse, for .... drinking hughe amounts of German beers .........
Reading the story, I can't even understand whether you brought and dropped, or collected moulds from Western Miniatures.

I hope the return trip to the UK was safe and than you did not sink in the Channel !!!!
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Brian

Got the moulds
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 05:13:51 PM »
After a long time, years in fact we finely got to Germany to collect the Western Miniatures moulds.
Post would have been far too expensive so the boat was booked and 4 days we'll be on the road to Germany, from France to Germany and we stop over in Essen. Then on to Kiel to Karl Rieger, moulds and a few figures packed in the car and a few hours chatting we're of to Hannover for the night stopover.

Then it's Regina Sonntag's, most of the day there and again moulds packed and a bit of advice on engraving and lots of talk then back to the hotel for dinner and a beer or two
Up early and the long drive to Stuttgart, got there late but still time for something to eat and a few beers with Benedikt Widmann of Jupiter Miniatura,
 Up and we are at Benedikt's again colleting and delivering moulds, this took all day as with several bottles of some rather nice beer, good job we're not driving as hotel's just around the corner!!!  and that where we all end up for dinner and another pint

Next day we are on the road to Archen for our last stop over with a great dinner and drink to wind down and that's it next day we're on the last bit of road for home.

Big thanks to Regina, Karl and Benedikt for looking after us and making us so welcome, 1,900 miles and 7 days on the road  and guess what? we only went and left 31 moulds behind so got to do it all again hahaha   
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 07:35:00 PM by marko »