Author Topic: Franz Karl Mohr Book  (Read 1124 times)

redman

• Associate
Re: Franz Karl Mohr Book
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2023, 02:52:33 AM »
The Raubgrafenserie um 1350 for reference.

redman

• Associate
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2023, 02:51:38 AM »
As Claudio was about to write, the database (originally in Excel so no need to "recreate" anything - simply ask and it can be provided) was built by myself.   In the several intervening years only one single additional contribution has been made (by Claudio, whose support for my endeavours has been much appreciated) - which rather limits to effect I was trying to catalyse.  As per an original post from me [https://www.intflatfigures.org/index.php?topic=5149.msg32643#msg32643] I did have the idea originally of sending it to the main editors / mould owners so that they could perhaps comment on provenance / history / etc and thus make it a really useful record.  We are none of us getting any younger!  But I really wanted input from members here first:   but no input whatsoever, which I have found rather disappointing.  It really is only by working together that we can build something to stand the test of time, and to capture the institutional memory that risks being lost if we do not.
Of course I'm happy that individual members with an interest in Mohr find the database an additional useful resource.    But what has (not) happened effectively defeats the original objective.
Gordon
PS:  in reply to the original Q ref the missing 2 figures from the Raubgrafen Serie 1350.... Herr Unger told me when I asked him about these specific figures that the moulds are completely unusable ["Die Formen sind stark beschädigt"] and the figures are therefore no longer available unless you can find them on-line etc.  I'm also looking for them!
G

archigrog

• Associate
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2023, 10:33:56 PM »
Hello,
this datasheet was developped by mr
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 11:39:02 PM by marko »

Hannibal

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2023, 06:27:17 PM »
Thanks Oleg, I have some 100,000 pictures of flats and sometimes embarassed to have them only for myself and not have more people having an organized access ...
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

oleg

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2023, 04:29:17 PM »
Hi Hannibal,
sorry I don't remember who is the author of this list. I hope I did not break anybody's copyright.
You are quite right about the amount of information that we, as a true collectors, are searching for. Thanks for all your work. You may be sure that many collectors do appreciate your great efforts.
Best wishes
Oleg

Hannibal

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2023, 02:23:08 PM »
Hi Oleg,  I ignore who is developping this speadsheet (I converted it into MS Excel), but it is the little size of a giant list . ... Looking at the '000 pictues I loaded in the Schmuck gallery since 4 years (and still continuing), it is impressive ...

Useful as I can use it to add the editor and engraver in the pictures slowly, and correct title, but it is an ongoing job for years or a team of passionnate people.... and one need a tool like search key to find out names, pêriod, title, .... to be useful !!

I am familar with many of the pictures ...
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

John Hoffmann

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2023, 02:18:16 PM »
Hi Oleg,
WOW! Fantastic!
It is exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you so very much!
Cheers!
John

oleg

John Hoffmann

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2023, 08:30:05 AM »
Thank you everyone for the suggestions.
Is there possibly one source for the complete illustrated list of Mohr's figures?
Including all the Wimor series, the Cortum sets, Herr Unger's catalogue, etc.
One source, other than the Krannich book which is 45,00 Euros + 26 more Euros for shipping. A bit costly.
If someone can point me in the right direction that would be super.
Thanks.

BobLeighton

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 12:36:25 PM »
Seems that Edition Krannich and Abe Books have this still on their lists.
Only other alternative is to see Ebay .De go to Zinnfigurren and look for the listing of books but not often these come up for sale
Covers most if not all of the series

Hannibal

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 10:08:43 AM »
It would be magic, but probably still waiting for a collector to do it....

Rick Sanders did this fantastic job with the Menz-Erfurt series in the mioddle age, the wark was quiet immense...
Michel
_______

John Hoffmann

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 09:39:26 AM »
Hi, me again.
With regards to my question about the Mohr book, I just "found" a review posted here earlier.
I have read all The Journal series by Jim Woodley. Great source of information!
And the Gallery here has fantastic painting examples.
Does the book contain a complete illustrated list of Mohr's sets?
I see that not all the sets for sale (Berliner Zinn.)are complete. It would be super to see every figure included in every set. Does the book answer that?

John Hoffmann

Franz Karl Mohr Book
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 08:11:20 AM »
Hello everyone. I hope you are all doing well these days.
I have been collecting the figure sets of Franz Karl Mohr, but I do not have the book about him:Franz Karl Mohr. Das Gesamtwerk[/size][size=78%]   Can anyone give a short review. [/size][/size][size=78%]I assume it is in German. [/size]
[/size][size=78%]Berliner Zinnfiguren has it for 45,00 Euros, plus shipping to Canada makes it a bit pricey.[/size]
[/size][size=78%]They also have several of his sets. Some are broken down into smaller groups and priced accordingly.[/size]
[/size][size=78%]A question. [/size][size=78%]
[/size][size=78%]The small set " Raubgrafenserie 1350 as listed in Herr [/size]Unger[size=78%] catalogue shows 8 figures  2 mounted on fallen horses.[/size][size=78%]
[/size][size=78%]I have never been able to find those 2 figures, one is numbered HB 11/6 Any thoughts on what happened to those two?[/size][size=78%]
[/size][size=78%]Any further information on his sets and their [/size]where-abouts[size=78%] would be greatly appreciated.[/size][size=78%]
[/size][size=78%]Thanks![/size][size=78%]