Author Topic: Murten 1476  (Read 671 times)

Christian

Re: Murten 1476
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2023, 05:12:02 PM »
Hi Christoph,

Absolutly great!!!!

BG Christian
Christian, Kettwig (Germany)
Privatoffizin Kettwiger Zinnfiguren / Kettwiger tin figures

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2023, 10:36:57 AM »
Thanks  Stefan,
The core of the mounted figures are Fechner. An other big part is Müller Erfurt now edited by Menz and Dittmar. The rest is Neckel and Blum and a few from Mr Dangelmaier.
The burgundys are Neckel, Dangelmaier, Wilken, Dittmar.
The figures in the right, burgundys on the run, are from Glorious Empires.
I started putting together these figures 6 years ago.  A lot of them are not easy to get nowdays, Fechner and Neckel for example.
Christoph

Stefan

• Associate
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2023, 09:28:59 AM »
It looks really great.
I collect this era myself, but I'm not familiar with all of these figures.

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2023, 09:43:15 AM »
Great to see all the flats presented put together!  Wonderful work and effort
JBA

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 08:08:41 AM »
Thank you Sandor and John.

@: Sandor: the banner you ask for is the personal banner of duke René of Lorraine. I remember you showed your figure here and it didn't look bad.
The scoure I used was a painting in the Berner Schilling Chronik. See here:

https://www.e-codices.unifr.ch/de/bbb/Mss-hh-I0003/769/0/Sequence-49

I have no informations about the reverse side of the banner so I painted it mirrowed.

In fact the banners of the allies of the swiss are not very well documented in modern scoures as the burgundy banners are. So my main scoure for that are the the illustrated "Chroniks" written by Diebold Schilling in the late 15th century. You can search him at Wiki. There you find links to the most of these books.

Another banner I have taken from this scoure is the one on the sixth picture from top. It belongs to the bishop of
Strassburg.

Christoph
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 09:26:43 AM by marko »

snagy

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 07:25:05 AM »
Hi Christoph, good afternoon!
It is a fantastic display - and plenty of work.
So admirable!

However - you know I have focus on the Burgundian wars and thus also on Battle of Murten - I have a question.
I see almost on all your attached pictures one of the Lorraine flag, depicts the Angel's Greetings.
It can be seen in the background  of your first pic (right upper part),  on the second pic (top part in the middle), partly on the third pic (top in the middle) and even more clearly on your 4th and 7th pictures.
There is a figure in Blum's Schlacht bei Murten set, the figure MU-167 that has the same banner.
I painted the banner - at least - three times, my very last production was shown here: [size=78%]https://www.intflatfigures.org/index.php?topic=5474.msg34676#msg34676[/size]
Anyway I am still not satisfied with my achievement.
I like this banner of yours very much - it is much more lively than that one of mine - so I should like to get the source where you take the banner's layout/figures from!?
Or is it your own arrangement?
In the latter case I should like to ask for a closer shot of the banner!
My other question: how does the other side of the banner look like?
Is it the same layout only mirrored?

So once again congratulation to your huge layout and to the hundreds of excllently painted figures!
Sandor

johnr

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 06:38:44 AM »
Wow!!! what a fantastic amount of work, great display.

John R

Christoph

• Associate
Murten 1476
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 05:27:20 PM »
Hello,
Some time ago I started to paint figures for a bigger diorama of the battle of Murten between the Swiss and Burgundy.

Here are some pictures of the first putting together of a part of these figures. It shows the mouted troops of the Niederen Vereinigung and Lorraine attacing the burgundy troops.

I'm going to add more figures in the future, including Swiss troops and burgundy knights. But that will take some time.

Christoph

« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 07:39:44 AM by Christoph »