Author Topic: Scholtz - History of Costume - 30 mm  (Read 1660 times)

Hannibal

Re: Scholtz - History of Costume - 30 mm
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 07:22:51 PM »
super great idea ......

But even painting 1 per month, 12 per year will lead you to a project of 13 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another way is opening a IFFSproject where you send 10 flats to 12 volunteers for painting and return the flats after back to you for posting and for articles ... all during a 12 month period ...
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Re: Scholtz - History of Costume - 30 mm
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 04:31:47 PM »
Very interesting, thank you for the story.
JBA

marko

• Administrator
Scholtz - History of Costume - 30 mm
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 02:23:07 PM »
Another very famous - and quite large set issued by Scholtz illustrating the History of Costume from Pre-historic times through the current age, Scholtz has made some small additions to keep it current by bringing it to 2010.  I had purchased 2 parts of 9 parts in total when early in the year I found a near complete set on Ebay from someone in my local area at a very reasonable price which included all figures but, the first - Stone Ages and two figures from the 1960's.  (I suspect this was purchased prior to the recent updates coming out.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

The set spans the stone ages, early history in 100 year increments to more modern times 1500's on in ten year increments.  It has a bit of Northern Europe bias - reasonable from a German Editor - and is represents only European fashions though some of the modern figures could be used in North America as well.  (There are no Greeks or Romans in togas or Egyptians, or oriental figures but, an interesting range of choices through time.)

It was one of my early introductions to flat figures via Ortmans book on flat figures which featured this set on its cover:

The BFFS had the good sense to use these figures as one of their member painting projects and I suspect there are many sets all over the world being patiently worked through - 156 figures is a long campaign for most of us.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Recently as part of my annual Christmas purchase I added thes Stone Age figures from Scholtz and hopefully will follow up with some articles on the history of costume for the Journal with the figures as a basis.

mark  8)
Site Admin