Author Topic: Neckel Email Adress  (Read 2678 times)

Henry

Re: Neckel Email Adress
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2024, 03:56:47 AM »
Does anyone have any information? Perhaps he changed his address?

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2024, 12:14:54 PM »
I also tried reaching Neckel at the end of last year to place in order with no success over several attempts over multiple months.  (They are may favorite Editor.)  This was over several email addresses without success.

mark
Site Admin

Henry

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2024, 11:27:58 AM »
Hi, it seems that emails are bouncing back from Neckel's email address. Is it still the right one?
Thank you very much,

tinman

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2023, 02:12:16 PM »
Two quick updates.

The email adress for NECKEL: neckelzinnfigur@aol.com (not "zinnfiguren")

Mr. Neckel recently transfered his molds for 30 Years War figures to Schmalkalder Zinnfiguren. This includes some very good portrait figures and riders engraved by Frank. Also the 11 figures RG31-RG41, the French Garde of Louis XIII designed in

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2023, 11:30:28 AM »
Thanks for the info - I wish him well.  We all are getting older and there is not always the younger set to pick up the reins.

Unbeknown to us we do seem to have passed through a golden age of availability, and choices that the internet brought along and now the tide is receding for various reasons.

I do agree with Brian's view which is purchase where you can and try to support the active vendors.  Like most of us I have a verrrrry healthy backlog and have no 'real reason' to purchase more flats but, still enjoy the thrill of the chase and finding something new or rare. 

One of my nice memories was five years ago a very heavy box from Neckel with the figures from the Army of the Blue King, Rome, a Rococo Ball and some Enlightenment figures ...pretty magical still going through 2 pounds of wonderful flats all beautifully engraved and cast.  The simple pleasures of our hobby.

mark
Site Admin

merlino

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2023, 11:05:02 AM »
Neckel has had serious health problems and has also had to move his house........ He hasn't produced any more for almost two years and I think it will be very difficult to order flats for the next few months as well. I've been waiting for flats of him for several months... :(
merlino957@outlook.com
"on paints first with the brain, rather than with the brushes..."

Hannibal

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2023, 10:26:48 AM »
This is in the hands of painters, shows, contests, more than sellers, who are at the other side....
So let's all paint more than the last two months to create demand again!
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

kroi

• Associate
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2023, 10:25:47 AM »
From my experience, there were no problems with Widmann and Dangelmaier last year. I bought from the Dangelmaier at Kulmbach and swapped figures with Widmann shortly afterwards. The latter remarked on having some figures not in stock at the moment, but that was in 2022. I've got no informations aboutt Neckel.

Klaus

Brian

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2023, 08:51:25 AM »
As I said,   no one is buying Flats!!  so you lose interest  :'(

Hannibal

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2023, 03:58:55 AM »
same for Benedikt Widmann .... perhaps people after Covid are changing their working habits, or their job for a less stressful life.
This is true everywehere in our Western countries ...
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2023, 06:26:59 PM »
Thank you Christoph I will keep trying and let folks know.

(I had a similar experience to you with Dangelmaier last year.  It is complicated for everyone these days it seems...)

mark
Site Admin

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2023, 04:17:35 PM »
Hello,
I orderd from him some figures in early febuary 2022. When nothing arrived I send him an email some weeks later. He replied to me that he is busy at the moment and it will take some time. But since then I didn't heard anything from him. He wasn't at Kulmbach last year.

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2023, 03:33:59 PM »
I have been trying to place an order with Neckel, has anyone corresponded/purchased from them of late?   If so what email address did you use?

They are probably my favorite Editor overall and I would be quite sad if they have joined the list of Editors now defunct and ware scattered to the wind.

Fingers crossed.....

mark
Site Admin

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 12:15:25 PM »
Thanks!

archigrog

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 11:38:54 AM »
Hello,

my last order to Neckel is about one year ago. I wrote to neckelzinnfiguren@aol.de the same posted by Marko.

Claudio
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 12:03:03 PM by marko »