Forum > Review Section

Painting the new Hurricane

<< < (2/4) > >>

Glen:
Thanks, Brian. Type and time-wise, I figured as such. I did think it was larger tho'.
Nick, if you're going to haul it back to the paint shop, you'll have to pull the wings off and put it on one of those aircraft transporters. Start scratchbuilding...  ;D
Cheers,
Glen

Nicholas Ball:
The guns would be covered if you remove the engraving ;) but as they are so beautifully engraved   I'm leaving mine as having just been fired ( got to check they work)

Tomorrow night I will try to redeem it--- watch this space!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Brian:
The aircraft depicts a Hurricane mk1  from fighter command a few days before the 8th August 1940 on routine op over Dover with it guns still covered, no scale but the size is 90mm x 60mm  ;) 
Nick I'm sure you'll get there and it will look a treat ;D     

Glen:
Nick, I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. As discouraging as it may be, stripping is probably the best way to go.
Was there any indication of size/scale/timeframe from the maker? I have the impression that because of the cliffs in the background, this is a Hurricane Mk I circa summer 1940.
Press on!
Glen

marko:
On a slim positive note, with some paint on it one can tell even more what a first class casting this is.  The things that jump to the eye with it unpainted really fade away.  Really is a clever job of design.

Good luck on the repaint - I am a frequent user of Easy Off as a paint stripper - for my first attempts.

Mark  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version