Forum > Review Section

Painting the new Hurricane

(1/4) > >>

Glen:
I think you should strip it. Start fresh! No point in putting good paint over bad (an MG - or any other auto restoration - axiom). It will also give you the opportunity to fix the panel line on the inboard upper wing. As it is, it's too flat and doesn't follow the camber of the upper wing. Visually, it - among other things - throws off the shape and perspective.

Cheers,

Glen

Nicholas Ball:
Boll**ks   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

No I haven't really thrown it away, ::) I shall re-access it then decide whether I want to strip it or just slightly sand the worst areas down, which would be far easier.

The paint I think is the problem, I have it on a stand, on my desk in the study in front of the window with the blind down, after Holland when I got home my dear wife had done a spring clean and opened the shade. Cos the weather had been sunny, I think it has cooked some of the resins in the paints, as they seem to be very sticky and do not brush well, even with Sansador. 

It will be OK, I just need to 'veg. out man', and let the juices flow. ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, the only race I'm good at is running away from the bar so someone else buy's the beer!!! :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Brian:
Ok what's the problem, is it the paints your using, the figure itself to difficult for you or just your under pressure to get it done, just take your time it's not a race if it was I've already won  ;D 

Nicholas Ball:
Thank's Martin, for the encouragement, not that I'm a defeatist, however as you can see from the photo, this is Reginald  our local  Refuse truck !

Children,---Shall we wave to Reggie, that's it, now lets all say togeather:-

BYE BYE  HURRICANE ___  BYE BYE

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Noddy:
I think its great!

Martin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version