Author Topic: Etat-Major Louis XIV  (Read 2902 times)

Re: Etat-Major Louis XIV
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2024, 03:26:58 PM »
Great to see, beautifully painted flats
JBA

snagy

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2024, 10:28:49 AM »
Nice work, beautiful colors!
I particularly like the horses!
Sandor

Hannibal

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2024, 08:18:53 AM »
These paintings are very very nice !!
Congratulations Jean-Paul.
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

johnr

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2024, 06:53:04 AM »
Super.

Jean_Paul

• Associate
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2024, 06:10:57 AM »
Duc de Gramont
Grand Dauphin
Nicolat de Catinat

Hannibal

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2023, 08:17:47 AM »
Quote - [One also wonders of what an army of 20,000 or 30,000 individuals and thousands of horses did to the landscape - it truly boggles the mind.]

Don't worry Mark, I don't think it has changed nowadays when I see the tanks and trucks in wars like Ukraine and Gazah, the landscape is also devastated.  Humans were and remain the most destructive living animals to the nature. :-[
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2023, 02:06:15 PM »
Jean Paul it looks like you are well on the way with this set, I look forward to the product.

I find this time period through the Napoleonic Wars quite fascinating.  Soldiers in completely inappropriate and often poorly made clothing in some of the most in-hospitable parts of the world making war.  One also wonders of what an army of 20,000 or 30,000 individuals and thousands of horses did to the landscape - it truly boggles the mind. 

I have been reading some soldiers memoirs of the Peninsular War of late and one can add diet to that as well. It is amazing we have survived as a species....

mark
Site Admin

Jean_Paul

• Associate
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2023, 01:47:00 PM »

Marko

Guillaume speak english very well ... don't worry i also use Google Translate

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2023, 01:04:41 PM »
Good eye Mr. Talmant and nicely painted.  (One wonders in that state if his horse could only make left turns?)

By the way I emailed Guillaume Bretegnier about ordering the set, it has been a long term hunt for me.  He was most pleasant and responsive.

mark

P.S. Unfortunately like most Americans I am not conversant in helpful languages like French, German or Italian while our European colleagues are much more fluent in English.  I use google translate but, always feel guilty as I can't speak to the quality of the product because I am too dense.

Thank you to all of our more worldly colleagues and partners that are so patient!
Site Admin

Jean_Paul

• Associate
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2023, 12:59:03 PM »
I corrected Villars after a remark from Eric Talmant the engraver forgot the right rein + Duc de Villeroy

Jean_Paul

• Associate
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2023, 05:05:47 AM »
You can contact Guillaume Bretegnier at this address epopeeslivresfigurines(at)gmail.com

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2023, 12:44:58 AM »
Oh dear, poor fellow.  I wish him a quick recovery.

Mark
Site Admin

archigrog

• Associate
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2023, 11:16:35 PM »
I did reach out and am trying to place an order for this set plus, the Garde figures and Louis XIV stand alone figure.  I am still awaiting a reply from Thomas Seele so we shall see but, hopefully I get it placed by the end of the year so I have a New Years present to look forward to!

mark

Hello Mark,
Mr Seele has some health problem recently, so he is quite in late with replays.

Claudio

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2023, 02:22:02 PM »
I did reach out and am trying to place an order for this set plus, the Garde figures and Louis XIV stand alone figure.  I am still awaiting a reply from Thomas Seele so we shall see but, hopefully I get it placed by the end of the year so I have a New Years present to look forward to!

mark

Site Admin

snagy

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2023, 01:00:47 AM »
They are very really nice ones!
Sandor