Author Topic: Etat-Major Louis XIV  (Read 2233 times)

Hannibal

Re: Etat-Major Louis XIV
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2023, 08:17:47 AM »
Quote - [One also wonders of what an army of 20,000 or 30,000 individuals and thousands of horses did to the landscape - it truly boggles the mind.]

Don't worry Mark, I don't think it has changed nowadays when I see the tanks and trucks in wars like Ukraine and Gazah, the landscape is also devastated.  Humans were and remain the most destructive living animals to the nature. :-[
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2023, 02:06:15 PM »
Jean Paul it looks like you are well on the way with this set, I look forward to the product.

I find this time period through the Napoleonic Wars quite fascinating.  Soldiers in completely inappropriate and often poorly made clothing in some of the most in-hospitable parts of the world making war.  One also wonders of what an army of 20,000 or 30,000 individuals and thousands of horses did to the landscape - it truly boggles the mind. 

I have been reading some soldiers memoirs of the Peninsular War of late and one can add diet to that as well. It is amazing we have survived as a species....

mark
Site Admin

Jean_Paul

• Associate
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2023, 01:47:00 PM »

Marko

Guillaume speak english very well ... don't worry i also use Google Translate

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2023, 01:04:41 PM »
Good eye Mr. Talmant and nicely painted.  (One wonders in that state if his horse could only make left turns?)

By the way I emailed Guillaume Bretegnier about ordering the set, it has been a long term hunt for me.  He was most pleasant and responsive.

mark

P.S. Unfortunately like most Americans I am not conversant in helpful languages like French, German or Italian while our European colleagues are much more fluent in English.  I use google translate but, always feel guilty as I can't speak to the quality of the product because I am too dense.

Thank you to all of our more worldly colleagues and partners that are so patient!
Site Admin

Jean_Paul

• Associate
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2023, 12:59:03 PM »
I corrected Villars after a remark from Eric Talmant the engraver forgot the right rein + Duc de Villeroy

Jean_Paul

• Associate
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2023, 05:05:47 AM »
You can contact Guillaume Bretegnier at this address epopeeslivresfigurines(at)gmail.com

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2023, 12:44:58 AM »
Oh dear, poor fellow.  I wish him a quick recovery.

Mark
Site Admin

archigrog

• Associate
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2023, 11:16:35 PM »
I did reach out and am trying to place an order for this set plus, the Garde figures and Louis XIV stand alone figure.  I am still awaiting a reply from Thomas Seele so we shall see but, hopefully I get it placed by the end of the year so I have a New Years present to look forward to!

mark

Hello Mark,
Mr Seele has some health problem recently, so he is quite in late with replays.

Claudio

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2023, 02:22:02 PM »
I did reach out and am trying to place an order for this set plus, the Garde figures and Louis XIV stand alone figure.  I am still awaiting a reply from Thomas Seele so we shall see but, hopefully I get it placed by the end of the year so I have a New Years present to look forward to!

mark

Site Admin

snagy

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2023, 01:00:47 AM »
They are very really nice ones!
Sandor

Hannibal

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2023, 05:48:37 PM »
Remarkably painted ...
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2023, 03:54:06 PM »
Lovely work, well done!

mark
Site Admin

Jean_Paul

• Associate
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2023, 03:32:30 PM »
I corrected Louis XIV on the advice of Eric Talmant and the description provided by Terana + 2x Claude Louis Hector Marquis de Villars

Henry

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2023, 02:23:06 PM »
Hi Henry,
the text was not from the article. I received it as a supplement to this set while purchasing figures from mr. Terana.
Oleg

I understand, thank you, Oleg. I've examined the painted figures in the Krannich/Krog book on Gottsein. Some align with Terana's descriptions, while others differ slightly. Is Terana's description based on a drawing by Rousselot, and if so, is it accessible somewhere? Alternatively, does anyone have pictures of the set painted by Terana?

Ok, I've found the complete leaflet in the forum https://intflatfigures.org/BFFS/History/LeGrandEtat.pdf ;). But still wondering about a Rousselot drawing in color :)

Henry

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2023, 11:49:06 AM »
Hi Henry,
the text was not from the article. I received it as a supplement to this set while purchasing figures from mr. Terana.
Oleg

I understand, thank you, Oleg. I've examined the painted figures in the Krannich/Krog book on Gottsein. Some align with Terana's descriptions, while others differ slightly. Is Terana's description based on a drawing by Rousselot, and if so, is it accessible somewhere? Alternatively, does anyone have pictures of the set painted by Terana?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 12:20:23 PM by marko »