Author Topic: Knights of th Golden Fleece  (Read 2147 times)

marko

• Administrator
Re: Knights of th Golden Fleece
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 11:02:28 AM »
Cheers Jerry!

Apparently Jon's ancient methods do work after all...

Mark
Site Admin

JerryMort

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 09:07:55 AM »
Just checked and I have the European Armorial book - will take it tomorrow.
BFFS Journal Editor

JerryMort

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 06:50:15 AM »
Mark, if you get a scan to me today I will print it out and give it to Jon at Knowle.
BFFS Journal Editor

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 05:52:02 PM »
Actually Jon Redley requested some information the 'old fashioned way', i.e. in written form rather than digital.  (Hard to visualize those times anymore when there were questions you could not easily answer or movie titles you could not remember etc.) 

I do have the excellent Segom set and the documentation I received was a picture of a beautiful painted set of the figures similar to this one:  http://www.stage.intflatfigures.org/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=892 by Jim Woodley.  There was no documentation per se of each knight.

I also can recommend the book A European Armorial from Heraldry Today - 1971 which is an Armorial of Knights of the Golden Fleece as well.  If someone can pass that info onto Jon hopefully it will help.  He has some nice articles in the Jounal this time in particular.

Mark   8)

P.S. I would be also to pass along a scan to someone to get to him as well.
Site Admin

bartok77

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 12:07:01 PM »
Discount 30 % until June 10th, 2013
Segom has done 3 sets on the knights of the Goden fleece delivered with a very detailed documentation in colors .

http://www.figurines-soldats.com/product.html

Robert Leighton

• Associate
Knights of th Golden Fleece
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 08:51:48 AM »
Hi
 Jon Redley in the lastest issue of the Magazine has asked for information on the above subject.
A simple search on Google will produce many web sites with interesting information perhaps the best is idtg.org/archives/1509-the-great-armorial-of-the-golden-fleece which should give some interesting information,also wikipedia has a complete list of the knights.

In passing I would recommend that all members access the blog site of minaturs militares alfons casnovas its simple to find , the gentleman concerned is a war gamer but has access to hundreds and I do mean HUNDREDS of the Boisselier plates on the Napolenonics armies, he as lo has access to much of Henry Achard's work and is putting these out on his blog site at an alarming rate.
He also covers the Medieval period and has reference to the Knights of the Golden fleece.

I also remember in the 1960@s a book being published on this subject which gave the plates  from an original manuscript of  the Knights showing them in full armorial in black and white but with a full description if the heraldry, at the time I made a few copies of some of the plates but did not keep a full record of the title or author but a search of the web should produce that information.

Hope this is of use