Author Topic: Posting  (Read 2521 times)

Ed Humphreys

Re: Posting
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2022, 02:14:58 PM »
Without the picture, it works. I'm sure my painting wasn't all that bad.
Ed

Ed Humphreys

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2022, 02:13:20 PM »
I tried and failed to upload a few pictures before Christmas. I have just tried to show here my SEGOM 1814 set, but it failed, and I was told "this site isn't working at present". As an experiment, I'm trying again without the picture

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2022, 11:19:09 AM »
Thanks Bob, I have deleted the test account.

The issue is not with the site but, is related to something hour browser has indicated is an issue related to this site.  (As I mentioned I have a smilier issue with the FigureMentors site.)  I will see what I can advise once I figure out that issue - it is thus far not very obvious.

For the interim all I can offer is to allow me to proxy adding images for you.  I would suggest loading the content and then sending me  the images to add?

Sorry but, there appears no quick answer to this for the moment.

mark
Site Admin

BobL

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2022, 08:56:43 AM »
Hello Mark,
Thanks for your efforts, just logged off and then relogged on using the information you provided.
Sadly I get the same result no preview and no posting just comes page error error 404.
It could be that its a problem with my computer but I have been able to post photo's on other sites Autumn Watch etx.,
So will have to accept that its my local problem and try to post figures on other sites.
Kindest regards
 Bob

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2022, 07:57:15 PM »
Sorry Bob I cannot recreate your behavior beyond proving preview does not work in posting.  I can’t get it to produce th error you are seeing.

I have sent you a new account, if that does not work unfortunately I am stumped.

Mark
Site Admin

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 11:33:01 AM »
Ok I will take a look this weekend.  For the interim if you wish to send me the text and pictures and I will put them up for you if you wish.

mark
Site Admin

BobLeighton

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 11:24:34 AM »
Hell Marco
Thanks for your reply.
I am trying to post some figures which I hope to sell.
When I go onto the sell page I put in a heading, then a description of the figures in the bigger body which all seems to be OK.
Then when I try to add a photo I go to the section which says add a photo drop down or add a photo, the only place I can add a photo is the small section near to the bottom, which will accept the photo but it does not seem to relate to the words that I have entered. When I press preview nothing happens, no preview of the words or the photo. When I press onto post I get the message error 404. then screen then goes blank and everything disappears.
I know that I am not very good with computers but I don't think that this is my doing?? as I have posted items in the past with no problems. Do I need to log out and then log in again??
This is the only way that I can explain?? Hope it makes some sense to you.

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 02:17:03 PM »
Bob I will do some research on this, as Brian and Hannibal note they are not having issues. 

However, I personally am getting a similar message for another site is sign into FigureMentors and I think there is something up vis-a-vis security constraints, possibly PHP or other....

Sorry you are having issues - not really sure what is up for the moment but, I will look.

Can you try again please - I have turned logging on for the site and I will see if that works.  Let me know the rough time you tried please?

mark

P.S. If you have something you are trying to get up here just send it to me and I will post it in your name.
Site Admin

Brian

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 01:15:23 PM »
Or mine  ???   it all seem to be working
Are you posting photos,  maybe their to big for the site

Hannibal

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 12:42:07 PM »
Shall my reply be an answer to your question?
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

BobLeighton

Posting
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 12:11:48 PM »
Cannot post anything on this part of the site, keeps coming up as Eroor 404 or sitae cannot post at the moment??