Author Topic: IPMS Mexico 2021 - Virtual  (Read 1674 times)

PJDeluhery

• Global Moderator
Re: IPMS Mexico 2021 - Virtual
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 10:24:46 AM »
I too have suggested a virtual AGM, but i think one of the problems is that all the work will fall to Mark, and there's only so much we can reasonably ask of him.

I'd be in favor of spending a few pounds to make it happen and take the burden off Mark. Think of it: a world-wide  meeting and a chance to meet personally with folks you have been talking to for years. There are models out there now from clubs that have done it, so we would not have to re-invent the wheel. I think it's worth exploring again.
BFFS Member,
N. American Rep.
If the world is wrong; then right your own self...Brother Dave Gardner

Brian

Re: IPMS Mexico 2021 - Virtual
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 09:33:49 AM »
These Vitual shows are a great idea, keeps people in touch and gives something to work towards.
It was suggested to the guys here , was to be part of a Virtual AGM but again it never got anywhere ??? [size=78%]   [/size]

Hannibal

IPMS Mexico 2021 - Virtual
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 02:53:29 PM »
A desert since March 2020 with shows and contests involviong flats, due to Covid-19 !!!
What a sadness  :-\ :-\ :-\

Fortunately some outstanding and very motivated individuals and clubs have succesfully organized virtual shows on the internet such as "The Soldat de Plom" in Spain in December 2020, NMCSS in the USA in March, and IPMS in Mexico in March ending in April.  If Soldat de Plom had no enough flats to open a dedicated gallery, I will open two shows for the other ones.

Here after is the IMPS Mexico  XXXVIth contest, bit first virtual show ending last week.

It involved more than 3,000 works registered, including 85 flats from all over the world, and flat results are all illustrated in the gallery here enclosed:

International Flat Figure Society - British Flat Figure Society - IPMS Mexico 2021 (intflatfigures.org)

Have a good reading!!

The American show is under construction for the coming two weeks.

Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)