Author Topic: Zinn Bemalung - Frauendorf figures 1860 -1900  (Read 1522 times)

marko

• Administrator
Re: Zinn Bemalung - Frauendorf figures 1860 -1900
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 04:48:53 PM »
Mark you made me laugh...

Are they easier or harder to paint - yes to both.  Really depends on your style and what you wish to achieve.  If you want ultra realism ala Mike Taylor - 30mm is a challenge though some folks are amazing - Daniel Canet and Mr. Hensel, Speranza spring to mind.  Suggesting detail such as Eric Talmant, Bistulfi and Douchkine is another approach also hard to achieve.

For 90 mm they are very different - a skill I have not mastered yet.

Really a matter of taste and I suspect most painters are better at on vs the other except for stand outs such as Greg DiFranco.

Personally I love 30 mm because of the variety and the availability of things like chariots and large sets though their popularity is waning.  I think as long as it is well engraved you are good in either scale - I am iffy in both.

mark  8)

Site Admin

Re: Zinn Bemalung - Frauendorf figures 1860 -1900
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 03:29:56 PM »
They look pretty good and a varied collection from a fascinating war.

I've never painted as small as 30mm (usually 90mm flats) are they easier or harder to paint?

marko

• Administrator
Zinn Bemalung - Frauendorf figures 1860 -1900
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 05:03:36 PM »
For those interested in the Franco Prussian war and that time period, Frauendorf is a nice discovery as there is a huge range of beautifully designed figures available.  For those of you who frequent Ebay Germany there has been a range of figures offered which have been very nicely presented and packaged.

The listings show an engraving and along with the necessary figures to match the picture, i.e. not only is it a nice painting instructions but, a bit of a diorama in each set.  Here are two examples:

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]     [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

What I was unaware of was that they also have an online site with their line offered in the same fashion:

https://zinnbemalung.de

If this is your time period, well worth a look as they have a nice range of soldiers and unusually civilian figures in 30 mm as well, it is a large range and they are nicely presented.

I can also attest to them as a vendor as well - I will post in the review section - but, I just purchased some French Staff figures and received some flawlessly cast figures, very cleverly packaged in wooden cigar boxes along with a color painting guide and a nice note from Rainer Herfurth the owner.  All in all a very pleasant experience.

mark  8)

Site Admin