Author Topic: Sennelier Oil´s  (Read 5147 times)

Hannibal

Re: Sennelier Oil´s
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 06:16:43 PM »

…..  but … since I am painting fats with my wife, over six years, we never emptied one 37 ml oil tube !!! In the future, perhaps one or two after having shared half of of their content with members of our club in mini-tubes..

To say that the difference in price between fine and extra-fine is not very significant to complete a set with a few colours when you have enough for almost your life painting...

So perhaps good to start, not to renew your entire palette, but I could try a tube if I had to buy one.

To our friends oversea; is this brand available there?
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

BobLeighton

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 05:23:15 PM »
Great Art website are offering the tubes at £3.39 each, promotional offer

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 04:01:11 PM »
I only showed the picture because I wanted to demonstrate how matt the colours dry.
The photo was taken in dayligt without flash.
Thanks anyway, Christian. That motivates to fight against my inner pig dog! :-)

Hannibal, thats a great job. The Colour scheme of the bull is fantastic. It reminds me of an impressionistic stile. very nice!!
Thank you for showing!

Christian

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 02:19:53 PM »
Very nice, Andre!!!

Nice to see the skin under the thin clothes!!

BG
Christian
Christian, Kettwig (Germany)
Privatoffizin Kettwiger Zinnfiguren / Kettwiger tin figures

Hannibal

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 12:59:47 PM »

me too these confinement days.
Some old works (3 years)

Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 06:34:31 AM »
Yeeees, the "ancients" are great!

In Germany at this time you can get it für aprox. 3,50€ a tube. Maybe as a marketing offensive or so....

Thank you for your praise. I´m really enjoy to paint flats but i´m too lazy..... :-)

Hannibal

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 06:06:14 AM »

This looks promising,  fine oil instead of extra-fine, price in France 4.95€ and up, instead of 6.75€ and up for the extra-fine both in tubes of 40ml.

Deserves a comparison test surely, I will test some tone when access to stores will be permitted in Belgium…..

Congratulation for your painting start-up!!! I will closely follow, Greek or Kreta characters among my favourites!!!!
Michel
_______

Sennelier Oil´s
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 04:28:42 AM »
 Hello Friends,
normaly i use oils from W&N but i have tested a new oil paint range from Sennelier. Named as Rive Gauche. This paint drying in a half of time as a normal oil paint and has a fine matt / semi matt finish. The working progress is naturally faster then with normal oil´s. The colour lightfast is excellent. if it needs to go faster is this paint a good choice. Maybe as a fast drying undercoat usefull too.... The figures are "testingfigures".....not finished (! ... :-)  ).

regards from Franconia

Andre