Author Topic: Crewe  (Read 5253 times)

gerry Larkin

Re: Crewe
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 01:16:37 PM »
I Know Graham and  Karl both truly nice people! well done Graham and best of show ! very well done!
                                                                             Cheers.. Gerry.

mil-mart

• Associate
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 04:44:40 AM »
I know Graham is a member of the White Rose club in Leeds , so if anyone lives in the Yorkshire area check them out a very friendly bunch.
Cheers Ken

Chris Seeley

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 04:35:47 PM »
Graham Wardle is the name of the painter of The Four Seasons and the  New Orleans officer. Not sure if he is still a member of the BFFS he was an area rep at one time. His son Karl is a very good painter not sure if he paints now done well at Euro. Graham is also an oil painter on canvas to.
Chris

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 02:38:27 PM »
It was indeed Ken, and it was an exceptional piece of painting, a more than worthy winner of a gold medal in the same class as the truck!!!!  As well as best of show.  I'm not sure who painted it, but I think he also got gold for the new orleans officer ( poste Militaire round) in the military figure section which again could have easily  taken the best of show as well.

An incredibly good artist and I take my hat off to him, an inspiration to us all. Do you know if he frequents this forum?

Its good to see flats finally getting their rightful place at shows.

mil-mart

• Associate
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 02:21:09 PM »
Wasn't the Best of Show a Flat called Four Seasons , please corrct me if I'm wrong.
Here's a link http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/the-south-cheshire-militaire-crewe-model-show.54356/page-2

Cheers Ken

böckchen

• Associate
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 12:53:03 PM »
If the state in Kulmbach be filled as well? ;D
Were you the only two with flat characters?
best regards
Wolfgang

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 05:58:07 AM »
Shirley Nott   :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NOW YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT if you had shaky hands, you would have at least bought an anti shake aid camara!!!! :o ;D ;D ;D

Now come on Brian, tell the full story, the chrome plated radio control lorry straight out of the box was well worth the Gold, to be fair, they had put the stickers on fairly straight!!!! ???

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   

Brian

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 04:38:40 AM »
Forgot to say, big thanks to our driver for getting us there and back, to Ed for sorting the table and to the Crewe club for a great little show, well done to Chris on another shiny medal for his wonderful Geisha, the judging was spot on :o ;D

Have we mentioned our Nick did not get a look in in the comp :o :( nothing! zippo, nout, zero  ;D
And that's not Bradd, it's his second cousin four times removed, Shirley  :-*

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 02:17:12 PM »
Well dome Chris!!!!  Are we refering to a wee little tummy?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Brad looks cool, handsome chappy even if I say so myself ;D ;D ;D ;D  did the society pay for him to be there?  Good use of funds I recon ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mike

• Associate
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 12:46:33 PM »
Is that Bradd Pitt in the background ? (Sorry I got a bit confused with the the Oscars!)
Well dome Chris. Please show us some pictures
Mike

Brian

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 12:40:48 PM »
Just a few photos of our table and members ;)

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 07:18:03 AM »
Well after a 700 mile odd roundtrip, ( someone needed picking up on a 300 mile detour!!!  ;D ;D)
We finally got back late last night.

A good show, and pretty busy. Most of the traders did well, and we got a fair bit of interest from the public, they were actually stopping at the stand. It is finally filtering through that compared with the prices of rounds and busts, flats are a very reasonable and cheaper alternative.

I would like to thank Ed for organising it, and it was good to see you again.

Overall a very enjoyable weekend     Beer only £1.80 a pint!!  :o :o :o

Well done to Chris for getting a Silver medal. ;)

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 07:54:15 AM »
So its nearly time.

The 3 amigos will be setting off early saturday afternoon, so they can get there just in time for when the pub's open ;D ;D ;D

Apart from Ed, anyone else hopefully going ? ;)

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 03:56:08 PM »
By the time we get to Crewe it will be 2532

Doesn't time fly when you're enjoying yourself  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ed Humphreys

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 02:57:26 PM »
I've decided to restrict my beer drinking to one pint a day from now on. So far, I've reached July the 20th 2058

Ed