Author Topic: Ransart show  (Read 3826 times)

Brian

Re: Ransart show
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 05:07:47 PM »
Yes well done!!!

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 04:44:06 PM »
can't believe I forgot to say this!!! :-[ :-[ :-[

WELL DONE CHRIS ON YOUR BRONZE AWARD -  very well deserved.

Brian

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 09:09:17 AM »
A big thanks Les Feles for a great weekend and well done, it was good to meet you Jan and see some of your work, I'll tell you guys Jan's figures look just as good if not better when it's in your hand ;)

The number of flats in the comp is increasing and of great quality so maybe flats are on there way back, lets keep our fingers crossed.

But again thanks to Chris and Nick for looking after me for the weekend and making sure that I did not go wondering to much, and making Chris our spokesman for the Belgium TV, good choice ;D it was broadcast on Saturday night so fame was on our man the next day.       

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 04:09:21 PM »
Nick, it seems the times they are a-changin' New blood, new interests, new ways and means. Time and technology march on. I wonder if even more fantasy, sci-fi, and pin-up figures are on the horizon. If Trost's recent releases are any indication, I would think they are... It opens the subjects up to more painters - current and potential. With historical subjects, painters are locked into a specific palette - there's little leeway when painting an 1812 French Guard Grenadier. Quite the opposite when painting non-historical subjects. I can see an increase in larger scales as well. The 30mm size is ideal if you are painting a set of a dozen or more figures or a wargaming army (and they're cheap), but I think people painting the fantasy, sci-fi, and pin-up pieces might go for larger scales with more detail. The subject matter - and subsequent painting - is limited only by the imagination.

Come to think of it, a 12-piece set of lingerie babes might not be such a bad idea. Call it 'Calendar Girls'...

No need to thank me.  8)

The painted paper cutout is not a surprise. I was reading a forum last year in which there was a 'painted art' category for just such things. That was in addition to various round and flat categories.

Cheers,

Glen

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 01:29:03 PM »
well, we have returned! ;)

the show itself is excellent, I was surprised by the size of it!! the whole area of traders and club tables is probably 5 times bigger than that of Euro at Folkstone! and it was packed. :o

the orginisers did a fantastic job, and yes, flats are becoming the fastest growing sector in the modelling world! as modellers seem to be moving away from soldiers, and into other areas, and again yes, the new type of pinup, seems to be ' flavour of the month ' with the judges at the moment.
one thing I would mention is that the figure in the gallery of the girl with the pearl earring, was a cut out piece of paper, painted and put in a frame!!!
Flat it may have been, but it does open up the debate on the definition of a flat figure!!

A great great weekend with Chris, Brian, Benedict and Markus and a special thanks to Chris for all the Driving, and Sally the Sat Nav who knew 90% of where she was going :o :o

The heavy snow in Belguim was a suprise though!!

Grey Wolf

• Associate
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 10:41:15 AM »
 :)  It was the first time that flats where in the competition in Ransart, and in Belgium it is still not know well accept by some.
The future will show of more people will participate. The cheap price of flats in compare with real figures will be a great factor i think.
For the lot of flesh in the competition, i don't know personal i like pinups ant i am not alone i guess.
The traders of flats (present) i have spoke where ferry satisfy t by the sales.

Grtx Jan

errant49

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 04:10:01 AM »
Thanks for posting
Many very well painted things and as Charles says, a lot of flesh; does it means something special about our modern world ?
Also noticed only one 30mm ! :( :(
Eric

PJDeluhery

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 05:25:24 PM »
Some great photos! Thanks for posting and for making a gallery.
BFFS Member,
N. American Rep.
If the world is wrong; then right your own self...Brother Dave Gardner

Charles

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 05:12:43 PM »
I took a look at these pictures, I haven't seen that much flesh since I worked on the Vice Squad in the early 90's.
I'm not complaining though.

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 04:10:30 PM »
Thanks to Jan - Grey Wolf - his nice shots have been added to the show gallery.

http://www.intflatfigures.org/index.php?action=gallery;cat=27

If anyone else was at the show and would like to add their pictures or need my help to do so let me know.

Thanks again Jan.

Mark  8)
Site Admin

Grey Wolf

• Associate
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 12:13:46 PM »
Hey Brian, it was nice to meet you in Ransart and i promise the next bike lady will be on a HD. The picture i already got.
I have taken some pictures of the show, from 120 up.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Graue_Wolf/media/DSC_3572.jpg.html?sort=2&o=120

Grtx Jan
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 01:02:04 PM by marko92 »

Brian

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 02:45:42 PM »
Well all packed, and away first thing in the morning, we get there and set the table and have dinner at the show venue, then it's all go for the show with breakfast laid on for us at the show for two days of fun ;)   

errant49

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 07:03:18 AM »
I would have liked to come but it would not be reasonable
I planned a fortnight trip through Vietnam in february and I will need to be in good condition
So I think a 24hr bar is not really a good idea for me  ;D ;D ;D
Eric

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 05:06:17 PM »
Sorry Eric, just saw this

The dates of the show are January 25/26 th.

Chris, Brian and I are out on Friday 24th and returning Monday 27th.

We are staying at the Van De Valk  Charleroi. 24 hr bar, now there's a surprise!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hope you can make it ;)

Brian

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 05:51:02 AM »
We're going out on the Friday, having lunch at Waterloo and on to the hotel, setting up the BFFS table at show and then returning on home Monday ;D ;)