Author Topic: New additions  (Read 8545 times)

errant49

• Global Moderator
Re: New additions
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 09:48:52 AM »
Nearly all my painting tools and materials come from Gerstaecker
Eric

Michael_43

• Associate
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 07:16:08 AM »
Hello Sandor,

there is a good source for black and white foam board: www.gerstaecker.de ; they are called  "Kapa graph"
500 x 700 x 5 mm 4,05€/piece or 1000 x 700 x 5 mm 8,12€/piece. They accept Paypal; they also sell colors.
I´ll use this material for the background of our Mignot Painting Project 2015.

Best regards

Michael

snagy

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 06:55:05 AM »
Thank you Friends, for the good ideas.
Best regards-
sandor

Joerg

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 04:44:00 AM »
Hi Snagy,

to glue figures (removable) at a surface I made good experiences with glue for photographs
http://www.herma.de/de/kleben/klebestift-tubenklebstoff/klebstoff-tube-35g-1250.html

The figures adhese as long as you want and can be removed easily.

I use this glue, when I want to fix figures temporarily e.g. in a glass cabinet for exhibition.
Liquorice, sire, is not the least important of our benefits out of the dark heart of Arabia.

G.K.Chesterton

alfsboy

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 04:43:34 AM »

Great ideas on here .At least we havnt the problem of 1/32 scale Lancasters  and where to put them

I plan to store mine in flat type greetings card boxes or custom made card boxes .I plan a layer of foam board or card in which the flats are inserted via a slot .The difference is I will glue thin strips if wood or thick card to act as  a spacer and raise the next layer to clear the figures .So far only dreamed up  to try .I dont have that many flats as I try to buy enough to paint at some point in teh near future .
Martin

snagy

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 04:04:39 AM »
Thank you for the answers, Eric.
Since - I think - the proper and visually nice storage of the flats is a common problem in our circles, these advices can be useful for others as well.
Best regards-
sandor

errant49

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 02:55:16 AM »
Hi Sandor
As I use foam board (I am not sure of the translation ; in Franch : carton plume) the bases of the figures can easily be inserted in it after a small cut; so no glue is needed
If you use wood cardboard or even wood you can put a very little point of universal glue on the base which you will insert
Storage is a real problem ; I have some little furnitures with very flat drawers (from IKEA)
As the cardboards are very lignt, even with figures on it, they can be put one over the other
I also have a lot of flat boxes of different sizes
The truth is that it is a little mess; and if I add the thousands of unpainted figures ....
Eric

snagy

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 02:32:44 AM »
Dear Eric,
referring to the attached pictures of your beautiful collection I would have two technical questions:
how the figures are fastened to the cardboard sheet? I see that there are slots to accommodate the backside parts of the baseplates, but how the figure's body is fixed? If they are simple glued to the cardboard that may  destroy the backside paint when once the figure should be taken off for some reason.
The other question would be how you store the cardboards with the figures? Due to the three-dimensional bases of the figures, that emerge from the cardboard the sheets can not be laid simple on one-another.
Since my wall window-cabinet slowly gets to be full I have to find out other ways to store my collection - so these practical advices would be great helps.
Thank you.
Best regards-
sandor

nmrocks

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 08:41:44 PM »
I must say Eric you have a BLAZING HOT collection!!!
the Quality, The Quality!!
Ray

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 11:47:09 AM »
These are also wonderful.  One can also see as you now have several versions of the sam Mignot set the stylistic differences in artists as you have mentioned.  I also recognize Mme Metayer from some of my books from my youth and again did not realize she did flats as well. 

Truly delightful.

Mark
Site Admin

errant49

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 04:40:17 AM »
To complete my last post, here are two little scenes made by Mme Fernande Métayer, an other well known creator and editor of rounds who also painted some flats from time to time
Eric

bussy

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 01:35:25 PM »
Very nice Eric, well done !
Philippe

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 06:03:03 PM »
These are quite fantastic and a favorite period of mine as well.  I was unaware Madame Desfontaines painted flats,I know she edits some for Quadri Concept and I have seen her wonderful work for years.

Delightful finds - congratulations.

Mark 8)
Site Admin

Roger

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 03:55:26 PM »
Lovely additions to your collection Eric and as you know subjects I'm particularly interested in at the moment.  ;)
Roger Newsome.
BFFS member.
Bedale, North Yorkshire.

errant49

• Global Moderator
New additions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 03:50:47 PM »
Here are some recent additions to my collection I bought in auctions
First a set from Charles Felix Keller collection, including the Mignot "court of Louis XIV", painted by Alexandre
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Second two sets painted by Josiane Desfontaines who was a world wide known creator of round figures but who also painted a (very) few flats; the roccoco set is especially charming but missing two figures
Third some thirty years war figures painted by Christian Terana
Eric