Author Topic: ID help: WWI German Uhlan?  (Read 2168 times)

Re: ID help: WWI German Uhlan?
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 10:00:33 AM »
Hi Rob. After going threw my German Cavalry Book 1871-1914 By Verlag. I have come up with some information. The figure that you show is between the 1880 to 1914. It has a parade saddle cover for other Ranks with the order of the Black Eagle witch was stamped metal. Officers where embroidered This award was usually given by sovereign's and the 13 guards Ulan Regiment was awarded it in 1889 the rest did not get there's until 1900 The cover is a dark blue and the edging is the color of the Ulanka. Hope this helps Willie

Roger

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 06:54:51 AM »
You're welcome Rob. I have some more uniform plates like the ones above that should be useful, I'll send them to you by email.
Roger Newsome.
BFFS member.
Bedale, North Yorkshire.

Roger

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 06:57:52 AM »
Unfortunately, I have none of the references. I am thinking the three pieces I have are all 1870s era.

@Roger: Thank you for the uniform plates.

Rob, I think all three are from c.1900. You can't get much better than this site for uniform info on this era. http://www.kaisersbunker.com/
Roger Newsome.
BFFS member.
Bedale, North Yorkshire.

Roger

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 01:25:13 AM »
Hi Willie, I have the Almark ones and have used them a lot. They are great little books for their size and age.
The other two are a bit expensive in my opinion but I do have the Verlag book on the infantry that I acquired second hand for a reasonable price.
Roger Newsome.
BFFS member.
Bedale, North Yorkshire.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 08:47:27 PM »
Hi Roger. Look at those books I talked about on the German Imperial Army. Willie

Roger

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 03:37:39 AM »
Because of the star on the shabraque I would say this is a pre-WWI Prusssian Guard Uhlan.
Roger Newsome.
BFFS member.
Bedale, North Yorkshire.

ID help: WWI German Uhlan?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 06:56:36 AM »
Seeking ID so that I can track down painting references.

I think it is a WWI German Uhlan?

Marked: Sb (or it could be 95 upside down), RS / W. Hodapp

Size: 54mm (approx.)

Thanks!