Author Topic: Information on Brandt  (Read 1889 times)

archigrog

• Associate
Re: Information on Brandt
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2021, 11:45:30 AM »
Thank so much!
I think we need to save these informations...a sort of a permanent HD...

claudio

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2021, 08:58:20 PM »
This is all fascinating information, thanks all!

Mark  8)
Site Admin

tinman

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2021, 08:11:02 PM »
The Fechner series of Robinson Crusoe was not made by the Leipzig editor Gerhard Brandt. From roughly 1932-1935 Brandt edited more than 300 figures, most were drawn by Hans Fritsch and engraved by Sixtus Maier. Although he edited figures of all eras, his specialty was the French Army of the First Empire. He took his own life in the spring of 1935 and his molds were auctioned off.  The majority of his figures were acquired by Thiel and are now with Knoll. (Scholtz and Reisberg have some of the molds.) Ochel bought the famous series of the Old Guard (picture attached.)

The Hussars and Dragoons of Louis XVI were edited by Brandt, from drawings by Rousselot, for the French collector Albert Montamat. They were acquired by Montamat from Brandt's estate. They then passed to the French collector Dominique Gastaldi and that is where the trail ends. These molds are missing.

Golberg acquired some of Hans Fritsch's original line drawings for Brandt's figures and he had new molds made for some of the missing series, including Robinson Crusoe. (see attachment.)

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2021, 03:13:49 PM »
That is indeed a good looking goat but, different than those included with Crusoe…

Mark
Site Admin

Joerg

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 02:48:04 PM »
Just to avoid misunderstanding:

THIS is the Brandt goat.
and I think, I had the mould because I was keen on the wheelbarrow.
What means, that this cart also is from Brandt.

Both are with Mr Neumann now.
Liquorice, sire, is not the least important of our benefits out of the dark heart of Arabia.

G.K.Chesterton

archigrog

• Associate
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 11:21:09 AM »
But the Fechner set is one now in Widmann range (jupiter miniatura)?

claudio

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 10:47:10 AM »
Interesting, I had no idea they went back that far.  Also I have the Crusoe set from Fechner and the Brandt goat so I apparently started my Brandt collection early!

Mark  8)
Site Admin

errant49

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 09:09:43 AM »
Hi Marko

Most of the old Brandt figures are now very hard to find
They were destroyed or dispersed during or after WWIII join a picture of your Hussars with some Dragoons painted by Douchkine and Terana

Eric

Joerg

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 03:50:56 AM »
Brandt edited a number of figures before WW II.
They are dispersed around the editor's world.
Some years I had "the original Robinso Crusoe goat";
meanwhile I sold the mould to a collector, who wanted to bring together the moulds again.

The goat indicates, that the fine Robinson set with Fechner would be part of the Brandt heritage.
http://www.fechner-zinnfiguren.de/shop/katalog.php
Liquorice, sire, is not the least important of our benefits out of the dark heart of Arabia.

G.K.Chesterton

marko

• Administrator
Information on Brandt
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 03:33:11 PM »
Just purchased a small set of French pre-revolution hussars on e-bay from the editor Brandt.  Does anyone have any background info or catalogs for Brandt?  I have nothing on them and am curious.

Cheers

Mark 8)
Site Admin