Author Topic: Mohr - Robber Knights Attacking a Merchant's Train  (Read 6603 times)

Re: Mohr - Robber Knights Attacking a Merchant's Train
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2020, 01:20:37 AM »
I bought second hand the set Dueling in the early 19th century from that Ebay.de store. Some years ago this set was in Berliner Zinnfiguren's flea market departement, but it was already gone when I decided to order it.

Joerg

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2020, 03:00:58 AM »
I am not sure, if it now might be of interest....

http://www.intflatfigures.org/index.php?topic=4242.msg30136#msg30136
Liquorice, sire, is not the least important of our benefits out of the dark heart of Arabia.

G.K.Chesterton

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2020, 08:06:17 PM »
I should be fair as perhaps I am spreading fairy tales so let me tell me what I do know:

There is an Ebay store sammelsurium--berlin  which I assumed for a couple of reasons Is Berliner. 

If I am incorrect I do know regardless they have a constant stream of flats and they charge 7,20 Euros for postage normally which is an amazing deal.  They have had a number of the Gottstein and Mohr sets of late as well. 

I have purchased from them 3 or 4 times and I thought I saw packaging from Berliner but, perhaps I am off base. 

Again recommended vendor if nothing else.

mark 8)
Site Admin

John Hoffmann

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2020, 06:50:51 PM »
Is the Berliner Zinnfiguren store name on Ebay.de the same as the brick and mortar store?
I notice that most of the ebay sellers charge a much lower amount for shipping.
Can you tell me the ebay name, that would be super Mark.

Over the years I had collected many of the "classic" sets. Unfortunately I came to the sad conclusion that they would never get painted, so I sold them. :-(
Oh well......

Thanks Mark!

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2020, 02:07:00 PM »
For some reason when purchasing from Berliner Zinnfiguren off of Ebay of late the postal rates have been ridiculously cheap vs their store where the start at 50 Euros.  The only issue with EBay is to be careful if you are purchasing a set where at times they are partial - a recent Mohr was missing 3 figures as an example.  Not their fault I suspect they purchase from collectors just something to be aware of before getting too excited.

On the other hand I always find their castings, service and packaging impeccable.

It has been somewhat depressing how the landscape is changing - the last couple of years were somewhat of a 'Golden Age' with most vendors coming on-line and being readily available and now they are changing fast.

The sets for Murten seem to be particularly collectible and hard to come by except in pieces which makes it tough for you John.  My eclectic tastes are much less sought after which means much less competition.  (In my case my two sets are Mignot - Napoleon's staff on foot with horse holders and Gottseten the Last of the Valois.)  I take solace in that my list was much longer until recently where I have been very fortunate.

Very sorry about Holland Murten I ordered most of the Mohr engravings through them - they were great to deal with. 

mark   8)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 12:08:29 PM by marko »
Site Admin

John Hoffmann

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2020, 07:41:23 AM »
I tried several times last week to access their web site. Now I know why.
What a shame. Another one gone.
What is going to happen to our world of zinnfiguren?

The figures for sale on ebay.de are going for phenomenal sums, especially if they are by one of the more famed engravers.
Last Friday the large set of figures of the Baurenkrieg by Mohr (and other engravers I suspect) went for 95 Euros. That's almost $150 CAD!!

Berliner Zinnfiguren has some of the more sought after "rare" sets at a fairly high price, but their shipping rates are almost as much as the cost of the set.

When sets do appear on ebay, we find that we are bidding against each other.

No new castings from Mignot, Gottstein  and others and now Mohr.
Sorry fellas, just my frustration speaking.

merlino

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2020, 02:20:02 AM »
Modellbau Holland-Merten  has closed ... no longer produces anything.   :(
merlino957@outlook.com
"on paints first with the brain, rather than with the brushes..."

alfsboy

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 10:16:24 AM »
Many thanks for the info .Sorry for the delay in replying .My spare time evaporated into dust as it seems scanned and printed figures havnt yet  taken over from sculpted  masters  and orders flowed in during the shut down  .I have found in the past that economic disasters like the virus often  make model trains etc more popular not less .Looks like it  will be Berliner when I finally stop buying model railway engines and buy some flats again.I have a bucket list of various models and some are coming out of the wood work at last .I keep having weird dreams of finally retiring and painting flats but hey ho never turn down work ...lucky to have it .Martin

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 05:58:04 PM »
Sorry I just realized Alfsboy never got his question answered on finding this set.

It comes up fairly frequently on eBay.de which is where I purchased mine.  Alternatively you have:

Berliner Zinnfiguren -
https://www.zinnfigur.com/en/Flat-Figures/Blank-Figures/Military-History/Middle-Ages/Special-Series/Ambush-by-medieval-robber-barons.html?force_sid=uu6glbcap6mi7vt3vbpt5740n8&listtype=search&searchparam=mohr

or

Modellbau Holland-Merten
http://www.modellbau-uhm.de/flachfiguren/1/

as options.  Good luck with this and your spare time - stay safe!

mark  8)
Site Admin

archigrog

• Associate
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2020, 12:50:04 AM »

Normally the mould is engraved a bit deeper and to keep the space between the the halfs,
the caster puts a stripe of cardboard or flat wood in the mould.

The technology is the same with riders for horses (Aufsitzer)
https://www.schmalkalder-zinnfiguren.de/ritter-zu-pferd-mit-lanze-aufsitzer-vom-pferd-abnehmbar.html?language=de

The riders at page 34 are made, following the same principle.
http://www.zinnfiguren-wilken.de/PDF/sauter_bildkatalog.pdf

Thanks Joerg! Must be a great control in engraving the mould...

alfsboy

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 10:54:37 AM »
Is this still available anywhere. I suddenly seem to have  a lot of spare time on my hands ::) hope everyone is OK out there .

Joerg

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 07:05:19 AM »
How do you think the mould of the wagon cover is made? I'm very curious...
claudio

Normally the mould is engraved a bit deeper and to keep the space between the the halfs,
the caster puts a stripe of cardboard or flat wood in the mould.

The technology is the same with riders for horses (Aufsitzer)
https://www.schmalkalder-zinnfiguren.de/ritter-zu-pferd-mit-lanze-aufsitzer-vom-pferd-abnehmbar.html?language=de

The riders at page 34 are made, following the same principle.
http://www.zinnfiguren-wilken.de/PDF/sauter_bildkatalog.pdf
Liquorice, sire, is not the least important of our benefits out of the dark heart of Arabia.

G.K.Chesterton

snagy

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 01:35:33 AM »
It is also one of my favorite set.
A few years ago I also painted it and liked the work very much!
If I can get it in hands again, I shall do it once again.
The way as the cart-cover was produced really quite unique.
I would be also curious how it technically could have been managed.
Sandor

archigrog

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 12:53:47 AM »
Great engraving!
What a coincidence... just yesterday I was looking at the version of this set painted by Douckine found in the gallery of this website (In Momoriam section)!

How do you think the mould of the wagon cover is made? I'm very curious...

Kind regards,

claudio

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 06:15:50 PM »
The second wagon also has something I have personally never seen before.  The cover of the wagon is inset in the middle with casting on either side such that it can slide right onto the body.

The two pieces: [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

The cover looking at it below:
      [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Which allows it to slip over the wagon body - clever...
      [ Guests cannot view attachments ]   [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Site Admin