Author Topic: Painting 30mm  (Read 2211 times)

Roger

Re: Painting 30mm
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 11:58:11 AM »
It looks pretty good so far Brian.
Roger Newsome.
BFFS member.
Bedale, North Yorkshire.

Brian

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 05:22:14 AM »
Thanks Roger, we'll see how it go's, not good at these SBS things :o

Roger

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 02:56:38 PM »
I'm putting this here so as not to clog up your thread with pointless drivel Brian but it's a great idea and I'm looking forward to the next installment.
Roger Newsome.
BFFS member.
Bedale, North Yorkshire.

Brian

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 11:31:40 AM »
That's exactly the idea, it will include brushes, paints, how to mix, how to paint wet on wet and the importance of looking after the brushes. At the moment I'm leaning towards a civilian figure or maybe two, we will see  ;)

It will start next week, so any more suggestions, let's have them  :)

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 11:15:56 AM »
If this is a tutorial, then pick a simple standing figure that will cover the painting of fabrics (clothing), leather (belts, shoes), and white/yellow metals (armor, chainmail, blades, buckles), wood (gunstocks), and flesh tones (including facial features) in any combination. Basically, the basics. Leave fine uniform braiding, and whatnot for the next tutorial.

Regardless of medium - oil, acrylics, etc. - cover paint consistency and application techniques, blending, layering, wet-on-wet, drying times, etc., where applicable.

My tuppence worth...

Glen

Brian

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 09:41:17 AM »
I can do that!! but a geezer or bird in the truck  ::)

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 09:37:11 AM »
How about a Civilian sitting in a military vehicle, carrying a horse and being attacked by an aircraft????

Covered!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Brian

Painting 30mm
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 02:58:04 AM »
Going to have a go at showing you how I paint 30mm flats, before I start is there anything in particular you would like to know.
Oil will be the medium but what do you want first, civilan, military inf or cav, trucks or aircraft your choice   ::) ;)