Forum > Gallery Pictures

Borodino 1812

(1/6) > >>

John Alberts:
Hopefully a book will be coming out so we can see more photos of the massive diorama.

marko:
A pity about the pictures, they were quite stunning.  This entire project is really impressive and sadly a standout for the rarity these days.  It really was carried off flawlessly and is even more impressive as a group effort.

I also suspect that many of us have a secret desire in our past to do some massive/impressive display such as this somewhere in our past but, for whatever reason never was able to do it.  (I still have designs of a Medieval Cathedral in 1/72 scale that would have fit in a 3 foot long by 18 inch book shelf and a Venetian palazzo of all things - I liked making buildings.)  When you add the scale of this - 1,600 figures - it really does impress!

Also special which the additional pictures showed was the uniform quality of painting on all the little hidden gems which repay long and repeated viewing as you discover individual figures doing interesting things such that there many little vignettes in the larger diorama.

Really nice representation of the art.

mark

böckchen:
Such projects only use 30 figures.  We certainly also play with perspective representations.  So it cannot be ruled out that the sizes vary between 28mm and 32mm.

For legal reasons I have deleted the images here as they were not released to the general public.  They were used for us to assess the setup and how the representation works.

John Alberts:
Looking forward to next one!  Are these 1600 a combination of 30mm and 20mm flats or just 30mm?

snagy:
Magnificent work!
Thank you for the details!
Sandor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version