Author Topic: BFFS show and AGM  (Read 1490 times)

böckchen

• Associate
Re: BFFS show and AGM
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2023, 06:13:32 AM »
Where are your younger members?  Where's the youth group? ???
best regards
Wolfgang

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2023, 11:57:11 AM »

Glad to see that you are not all in Jail :o  and the show was great. 8)  Willie

Charles

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2023, 10:42:45 AM »
It was very enjoyable to be able to come along again, and glad to offer some good quality flats at a very reasonable rate. Most of my collection is now gone, but I have held on to a few gems that I couldn't part with, amongst them  my first ever set, William Tell from Scholtz. Some Gottstein favourites namely Charge of the Light Brigade and Charlemagne, and a good sized variety of Kieler figures by Franck from all sorts of epochs. I am sure I will find a load more squirrelled away so there might be more coming along.
Good to see you, Brian, and all the others. Well done to the committee for keeping things going in challenging times.

JerryMort

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2023, 04:07:06 AM »
Knowle.
BFFS Journal Editor

PJDeluhery

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2023, 02:13:35 PM »
Hi Brian,
Thanks for the AGM update.

Will any of those subjects be summarized for those of us not able to attend? I'm thinking the Journal or the Meeting Minutes. Especially interested in Nick and Gerry's remarks. (No offense intended, Ed!  ;D ).
Give some thought to Zoom meeting next year for AGM so the rest of us can be there.
BFFS Member,
N. American Rep.
If the world is wrong; then right your own self...Brother Dave Gardner

Brian

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2023, 06:27:02 AM »
Was good to see you again Charles, the day started with about 5 members there ,Nick looked worried hahaha,  but through the day this increased to around 15 plus a few non-members  so all good.

Was good to see some of the old members still keeping the brushes wet and I think I got round to chat to all that was there!

The AGM went well, Nick gave us a outline of how the society will go forward in the coming year, Ed gave a breakdown of memberships, down a little but a lot has happened in the last few years and pass times have had to take the back seat,  Gerry Larkin outlined how we should promote the flat figure and the demise of the model shows in the UK!!  expect  a lot from Gerry this year.
Jerry needs more input from members for the Journal, anything to do with the flat figure, shows or trips is welcome, always better to have too much than not enough!!
2D figurines was there selling flats, no John Russell ( first time ever) so no Rex figures but Charles King turned up with a car full of some of his old figures  to sell, dirt cheap and some real goodies among them as you would expect from Charles !!!

Well that's about it!  I will leave the details to the committee which by the way stays the same (well done guys) 

Charles

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2023, 11:59:47 AM »
What time do the doors open, Brian?

Hannibal

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2023, 12:28:34 PM »
good luck and mich success to you all there !!!
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Brian

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2023, 04:08:18 AM »
Well it's this Sunday!!

Hannibal

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 09:17:46 AM »
Hi Brian, with the Brexit, the need for a visa, it is harder to come in England, so no longer on my agenda, but please find photographers to take enough pictures to document a nice reportage in the shows gallery ! (I can help to clean-up the pictures)

(oh sh..t!, I have to finish Sèvres....)
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Charles

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 08:09:08 AM »
Thanks Brian,
I have updated the diary, I am going to make it this year
Charles

Christian

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 07:47:19 AM »
I wish I had the time to come so we can meet again!

Kind regards Christian
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 11:59:02 AM by marko »
Christian, Kettwig (Germany)
Privatoffizin Kettwiger Zinnfiguren / Kettwiger tin figures

Brian

BFFS show and AGM
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 06:22:55 AM »
 BFFS annual show and AGM will be held on Sunday 23rd April
 The Masonic Centre, 1621 Warwick Road, Knowle     B93 9LF

2D Figurines will be there with a few figures to sell.