Author Topic: Lord Ros 1421  (Read 2178 times)

Christian

Re: Lord Ros 1421
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2021, 06:15:41 PM »
Nice to see some more figures, painted by You!!

BG Christian
Christian, Kettwig (Germany)
Privatoffizin Kettwiger Zinnfiguren / Kettwiger tin figures

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2021, 06:03:28 AM »
Hello Wolfgang,
I prefer a harder light / shadow because when you looking on the figures in real live (not in a photo) you will be in some distance and the contrast shows not as hard as it is in a photo. For me a 30mm flatfigure is always part of a group of figures and not a single thing like a framed picture. And in my opinon a harder contrast looks better in such a relation.

Christoph 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 03:18:20 AM by Christoph »

böckchen

• Associate
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2021, 05:04:44 AM »
I find the horse painting to be very abstract.  A softer solution would be more appropriate  ::)
best regards
Wolfgang

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2021, 06:04:50 AM »
Thank you.

So his group is now finished and I´m going to paint some frenchmen in the next weeks.
I´m wondering a bit about these figures. Well drawn by Martin Block and engraved in a high quality by Daniel Lepeltier and others but not often seen. All can be found in the Dangelmaier /Golberg catalog. (Not Lord Ros, this figure is from Scholtz)

Christoph

snagy

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 12:17:06 AM »
Nice work, Cristoph!
I also like it!
Sandor

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2021, 11:17:50 AM »
Beautiful, very fluid appearance . . . wonderful painting
JBA

Hannibal

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2021, 06:18:50 AM »

muhteşem !
espléndido !
prachtig !
großartig !
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 04:16:55 AM »
Hello,
here are some more.
Christoph

merlino

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 10:14:00 AM »
Very well done!  compliments!  ;)
merlino957@outlook.com
"on paints first with the brain, rather than with the brushes..."

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 05:04:48 AM »
Thank you.
Here are some followers of Lord Ros.The two figures edited by Mr. Dangelmaier.
I´m going to add some more men-at-arms in the next week.
Christoph

Christian

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 05:03:17 PM »
Wonderful, Christoph!

BG Christian
Christian, Kettwig (Germany)
Privatoffizin Kettwiger Zinnfiguren / Kettwiger tin figures

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 07:45:39 PM »
Very nice thread, beautifully painted flat and brief historical synopsis!  Great.  Really impressive painting, the red is convincing and the armor works well to me.
JBA

Hannibal

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 01:35:33 PM »
Suprbe, Christoph !! Nicely painted for a 30mm, .... a,d I am now reading what ios this battle in the Fren,ch village of Baucè, between English and French/Scotts.  I was not aware of this event; thank you for this page of History of the Hundred Years War;

John Ros, 7th Baron Ros of Helmsley (c.1397 – 22 March 1421) was an English nobleman.
He was the eldest son of William Ros, 6th Baron Ros, and Margaret Fitzalan (d. 3 July 1438), the daughter of John FitzAlan, 1st Baron Arundel;
He served as a soldier of Henry V of England during the Hundred Years' War. Six years after the Battle of Agincourt, John participated in the Battle of Baugé. He was among the casualties along with his brother William Ros, Thomas of Lancaster, Duke of Clarence, the governor of Normandy and others. He was buried at the Belvoir Priory.

The Battle of Bauge (22 March 1421) was a battle of the Hundred Years' War that was fought between a large Franco-Scottish army under the Earl of Buchan and the Constable of France Gilbert Motier de La Fayette and a smaller English force under the Duke of Clarence. The Franco-Scottish army destroyed the smaller English force, and Clarence was slain.

The battle occurred during a chevauchee raid led by the Duke of Clarence, who was left in command of the English army in France after King Henry V of England returned to England. At Bauge, Clarence attempted to use his 1,500 troops to surprise and destroy a Franco-Scottish army, underestimating its size; it had a strength of 5,000 troops. He ignored the advice of the Duke of Exeter and assaulted the Franco-Scottish army across a bridge. The Scottish archers held the English back long enough for the French and Scottish troops to rally, and Clarence was struck in the head with a mace by a Scottish knight and killed. The English army was destroyed, with all of the troops engaged either being killed or captured. However, the French and Scots missed a chance to destroy the English army when they refused to give pursuit, allowing for the English to fight another day.
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Christoph

• Associate
Lord Ros 1421
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 12:38:28 PM »
Hello,
it´s gone quiet here in the last few days.
So here is a figure I´ve painted the last week showing the Baron de Ros, Marshall of England at the battle of Bauge in 1421
Christoph