Author Topic: Renaissance Knights from Walter Fisher  (Read 1897 times)

Hannibal

Re: Renaissance Knights from Walter Fisher
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 11:33:02 AM »
I updated Kulmbach 2007 show
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 10:52:24 AM »
There all also a few pictures of this stunning diorama on Mr. Bistulfi’s incomparable site under Wolfgang Blum as well:

http://www.zinnfiguren-bistulfi.com/tanti_pittori.html

Mark  8)
Site Admin

archigrog

• Associate
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2020, 06:50:43 AM »
Hello Christoph,

i think the painter was Wolfgang Blum, the editor of the four banner bearers engraved by Nuzhdin.

Claudio

I forgot this:
There are some figures designed on the bannerbearers of the Triumph by Wolfgang Blum. They can be seen here and in the following pictures:

http://www.intflatfigures.org/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=8843

Any idea who painted these figures?

I bought three of the banners on ebay some month ago, every time I put them out of the box and thought of painting them I put them back again.

Christoph

Hannibal

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 04:56:33 AM »
yeps.... thanks Christoph and Mark !!

1) My link to JJ-Mineur was no longer effective ... I will replace by a Powerpoint file for most interesting pages. I found indeed the relevant knights from the Renaissance German period. There is another link to Wagner's flats.

2) Great link to the panels of the Triumph of Maximilian. They will allow to select two or three of them. Name will be found in the heavier reference below, that's great !!!

3) I loaded the pictures of the diorama in Kulmbach 2007 on this site, cleaning up and aligning the subject, removing useless background. But it was taken from the forum of the French Club, with their permission, but as you know, generally, no names or painters are given on these forum, and I was only painter after 2011, so difficult to trace back the painter.  Only German members having an access to Kulmbach organizers could possibly trace back the painter (perhaps????).  This is my hardest challenger after each show/expo, to obtain the list of painters and workpiece titles to document these galleries since 5 years ...  I'll look perhaps if there was not a picture of this diorama in the French Magazine "Figurines" of that time, because they gave the names in the magazine, with each picture ...
I've adjusted the title of the pictures in that show, as I saw Maximilian on horseback in the middle of the defile !!!!

4) I've three banner horsemen of this Triumph,  all Wagner: W2202/13 x 2, W2203 (and several other Wagner's serie but no flag, from the serie 2202).  I bought two painted flats recently with a strange Luxemburg flag, but incorrect; I could un-paint them and repaint with one panel of the Triumph ....

note: no picture in the Figurine magazine of this diorama ---
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 02:43:00 AM »
I forgot this:
There are some figures designed on the bannerbearers of the Triumph by Wolfgang Blum. They can be seen here and in the following pictures:

http://www.intflatfigures.org/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=8843

Any idea who painted these figures?

I bought three of the banners on ebay some month ago, every time I put them out of the box and thought of painting them I put them back again.

Christoph

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 02:12:42 AM »
Hello,
a collector friend identifiedy the banners, so they are:
Top left: Krain
Top right: Schwaben
Bottom left: Kärnten
Bottom right: Austria

Here is an other version of the "Triumph" but lacking the names on the banners:

http://sosa2.uni-graz.at/sosa/druckschriften/triumphzug/index.html

Christoph

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 06:49:12 PM »
On this site there is this:

http://www.intflatfigures.org/BFFS/Vendor%20Catalog/Mineur/

I don't know if his line has expanded or not from this update.  (A terrible, terrible year for our editors and producers which the links pages reflect.  Many deletions and retirements due to death, lack of business or ..?)

mark  8)
Site Admin

Hannibal

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 05:42:58 PM »
How can we reach the Catalogue of Jean Jacques Mineur?
The previous link is broken....  :-[
Michel
_______

Hannibal

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 01:51:48 PM »
Many thanks !!  this reply is so fast  !!!!

I detected that the source could be the Triumph of Maximilan I, I was on several sources, but your is the best of course ....
I have the two flats of Wagner (top and bottom right);

The quality of the scanning is impressively high, allowing to enlarge each flag with sufficient details ....
I am not sure to be able to paint them, but it is an opportunity to have a try !!!

I could probably select any other flag too to customize these paintings ....

Super Christmas gift.
Thanks for your help

Note: one of the flag (top right) is not square = is it more specifically to be dedicated to some subject? as opposed to the rectangular ones...
Michel
_______

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 12:47:57 PM »
Hello Hannibal,

all banners are based more or less one paintings from "The triumph of Maximilian".

http://bdh-rd.bne.es/viewer.vm?id=0000012553&page=1

it is written above the banners where they belong to.

Top left: edited by Scholtz, the banner is named Ramdten (?) (plate 41)

Top right: edited by Wagner, now Mineur, I think this banner belongs to Schwaben
Bottom left: edited by Tobinuus (?), now Schmalkaldener Zinnfiguren
Bottom right: edited by Wagner, now Mineur, this banner belongs to Austria (plate 69)

Christoph

shogun

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 11:52:16 AM »
I think they are from "Triumphzug Kaiser Maximilian I." by Berliner Zinnfiguren.
Greetings from Saxony
Ralf

Hannibal

Renaissance Knights from Walter Fisher
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 10:52:21 AM »
Can someone find out what are the standards, flags and knights represented on the four paintings (1) (2) (3) (4)  of Walter Fisher below?
I would like to paint two of them, but ignore how to find the sources.

Michel
_______