Forum > Site Ideas - Opinions - Suggestions

The Look of this website

(1/2) > >>

marko:
There is an add on that displays random images from the gallery at the top of each page that I looked at. It has some issues so I will need to make some modifications but it is a possibility.

I am playing with a few other things as well - should be a week or so as I also have some things to do on my wife's site as well...not to mention the day job.   8)

Though after 8 weeks of unemployment happy to be busy.

Mark

blaster:

--- Quote from: marko92 on February 10, 2013, 01:24:12 PM ---Victor always stirring the pot...  ;D   There are a couple of possibilities here, some of which are easy.

Let me try something that at least displays a few things from the gallery to see how folks like it.

Quite honestly I went with a direct approach initially as I was learning the forum software and have not given it much though since but, your point is valid given what we do.

Thanks for the comment, I will try a couple of things on our test site and see what folks think.  (I will send you the test site link as well for some opinions.)

Mark

P.S. By the way I took a look at your commercial site and really enjoyed your charming figures of dancers and natives.  Really original and full of color.

--- End quote ---

Until the paint dries up in the tinlet...:)

My 10 year old kid showed me how to set up my zinnfiguren blog, so I can appreciate the complexities of starting and maintaining a dynamic web forum.

My commercial website was set up by my brother who is into IT. I just load up the pages on a template and he helps me to host it on the web.

With IT, I am a bit like Roger, all at sea... ;D ;D ;D

Rgds Victor

Roger:
Just a thought to brighten things up, would it be possible to display latest image postings from the gallery section at the top or bottom of the homepage?

marko:
Victor always stirring the pot...  ;D   There are a couple of possibilities here, some of which are easy.

Let me try something that at least displays a few things from the gallery to see how folks like it.

Quite honestly I went with a direct approach initially as I was learning the forum software and have not given it much though since but, your point is valid given what we do.

Thanks for the comment, I will try a couple of things on our test site and see what folks think.  (I will send you the test site link as well for some opinions.)

Mark

P.S. By the way I took a look at your commercial site and really enjoyed your charming figures of dancers and natives.  Really original and full of color.

blaster:
Hi All,

just reviving this moribund topic. The old home page was so pretty. This homepage is a little clinical. Brrr. Any chance of some painted flats being used here...:)

Rgds Vic

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version