Author Topic: Brush recomendations  (Read 1347 times)

PJDeluhery

• Global Moderator
Re: Brush recomendations
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 06:37:21 PM »
I highly recommend Princeton Select Series 3750 brushes. Short handles, all sizes down to 20/0, reasonably priced. These have synthetic bristles; but they last quite a while with oils, and are cheap enough so you can use a new one for each new figure. Available by mail order in the US... so you don't have to leave your workbench.
I"m a big fan of their 10/0 and 20/0 liner brushes. Great for straight lines, tight places -  and you don't run out of paint!    8)
Links:
Cheap Joe's
https://www.cheapjoes.com/princeton-series-3750-select-brushes.html
or
Dick Blick
https://www.dickblick.com/products/princeton-select-series-3750-synthetic-mini-brushes/?fromSearch=%2Fsearch%2F%3Fsearchword%3DPrinceton%203750%20brush
Tip: After thoroughly cleaning, coat your brush (natural hair or acrylic!) with women's hair conditioner ( I use Pantene - "Because I'm worth it!"). Dip it, form it, and let it dry in the brush's natural shape. Keeps 'em like new. Rinse off in turps or mineral spirits (whatever you use for a medium) before next use.
BFFS Member,
N. American Rep.
If the world is wrong; then right your own self...Brother Dave Gardner

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 09:16:11 AM »
The hobby brands Tamiya and AK Interactive make serviceable brushes for acrylics but find them durable for oils. Do rely on W&N Series 7.  Am going to look into Rosemary--am not familiar with this name off the top of my head.
JBA

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 11:45:22 PM »
Generally you will see Windsor & Newton Series 7 as the most common recommendation.  They are a bit pricey and their quality is not what it was however.   Da Vinci Maestro and Rosemary & Co are two other popular choices.  Rosemary in particular are nice, they are hand made and it shows.

Mark

Site Admin

tomegan

• Associate
Brush recomendations
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 09:52:27 PM »
I would appreciate some recommendations for brushes for use with oils THANKS!!!!!