Author Topic: Have a go!!  (Read 8565 times)

Re: Have a go!!
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 10:38:11 PM »

Heres my Curassier and horse .It also has a separate musket/carbine  .it matches the old Stadden/Tradition .I have also done a mounted Prussian general and more to follow .I call the range ALT ZEIT FIGURES

Brilliant, Martin !  You should show that on the 18th Century board at the Miniatures Page, they'd go crazy for it.  That's some seriously good sculpting. 

What else do you have in the pipeline and what is your plan for these figures ? Made for personal enjoyment or do you envision launching a commercial venture ?

alfsboy

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 03:45:20 PM »

Heres my Curassier and horse .It also has a separate musket/carbine  .it matches the old Stadden/Tradition .I have also done a mounted Prussian general and more to follow .I call the range ALT ZEIT FIGURES

I think I have also posted in the wrong newbie section as I have painted flats since the 70's but with a rather long 30 year  gap .Anyway I meant new to the new forum ,digging myself an even deeper hole .
Martin

Brian

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 07:02:33 AM »
Signing into the new forum .still trying desperately to get some time to paint my flats .I have sculpted some 30 mm figures to match Stadden 30's .Can I post a piccy on here or is it just flats only ? Its not very exciting just some Seven Years war Prussian cav .
Martin
Go for it!! let's see your figures  ;) 

alfsboy

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 06:59:02 AM »
Signing into the new forum .still trying desperately to get some time to paint my flats .I have sculpted some 30 mm figures to match Stadden 30's .Can I post a piccy on here or is it just flats only ? Its not very exciting just some Seven Years war Prussian cav .
Martin

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 11:41:36 AM »
Beautiful work David I agree you should produce some stunning flats .... no pressure though!

Love the Langely on the other site, pretty stunning!

I do wonder though if you have a counters all over your house - that is a lot of display space required!

- cheers

Mark
Site Admin

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 10:56:05 AM »
I like those ,  very very well done.

If your flat's are as good as these, we are all in for a treat

Brian

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 10:13:51 AM »
Have to say David I am impressed,  and now your trying flats, would you be interested in the flat ships or personnel we may be able to fined? 

David Griffith

• Associate
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 08:14:09 AM »
Legal!! don't know about that ;D ;D ;)
David you say your new to the world of flats, what you do before in modeling? need any help just ask and we look forward to seeing your figures  ;)
Dear Brian,

I've been modelling since I was about 8 years old, so that's half a century.  As with most people, I started off with Airfix kits, then Historex figures in my teens and at university.  A couple of scratchbuilt farm carts in my late 20s.  A gap of several years when I got married, then back to plastic.  A plank-on-frame 18th century frigate in the early 90s.  Since about 2000 I've concentrated on small scale ships, mostly 1/700 scale, plastic or resin.  Won quite a number of medals at IPMS Scale Modelworld at Telford over the years (would have been a lot more if me old mate Jim Baumann wasn't so bloody good!!! >:()

If you want to have a look, my work can be seen on www.modelwarships.com and follow the links to gallery - modellers - David Griffith.

First book published about 3 years ago "Ship Models from Kits. Basic and Advanced Techniques for Small Scales" (Seaforth Publishing).  Available through Amazon at around £14.99 and worth every penny (shameless plug ;)).  Currently working on my second one on ship dioramas.

And a few figures interspersed throughout all that.

The things I haven't succumbed to are radio-control, wargaming and model railways.

I know all that sounds just a trifle pompous, but I'm really quite a modest guy!!!

Kind regards,

David
"For scientific leadership give me Scott; for swift and efficient travel give me Amundsen; but when you are in a desperate situation, where there seems no way out, get down on your knees and pray for Shackleton."

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »
Welcome to a very flat world. looking forward to seeing your work.

Any help freely given in return for a small dram ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Roger

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 05:39:59 AM »
Welcome David. Good choice of subject and figures, looking forward to seeing them.

Roger.
Roger Newsome.
BFFS member.
Bedale, North Yorkshire.

Chris Seeley

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 05:34:45 AM »
Welcome to the site and welcome to the world of flats. As Brian said any help you need we are here. Post you photos when you have finished then.
Chris

Brian

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 05:30:50 AM »
Legal!! don't know about that ;D ;D ;)
David you say your new to the world of flats, what you do before in modeling? need any help just ask and we look forward to seeing your figures  ;)

David Griffith

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 05:03:15 AM »
Good, it did!  I'm legal! ;D
"For scientific leadership give me Scott; for swift and efficient travel give me Amundsen; but when you are in a desperate situation, where there seems no way out, get down on your knees and pray for Shackleton."

David Griffith

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 05:02:00 AM »
Just seeing if the system was going to let me login and post something.  I'd got an email saying that my registration was being vetted and I'd get a reply in due course.  Good job I didn't put Jimmy Savile as my Username!

New to flats as well, so I'll post some photies when I've finished my first project.  English Civil War figures by Wolfgang Bock.

Kind regards,

David Griffith

PJDeluhery

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 01:11:42 PM »
Great set!  Love the subject, Brian.
BFFS Member,
N. American Rep.
If the world is wrong; then right your own self...Brother Dave Gardner