Author Topic: 40mm Mars Roman  (Read 2460 times)

marko

• Administrator
Re: 40mm Mars Roman
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 11:36:38 AM »
Hope you are having a smashing trip Eric - it has been noticeably quiet without your input.

Vietnam seems a popular vacation spot among Flat Heads - new nickname of those on this site I just made up - this year.  Interestingly I don't recall a flat representing anything from this area of the world other than perhaps a Foreign Legion figure and one small set of North Vietnamese army figures that Berliner sells.

There must be a few of South East Asian history...

Mark  8)
Site Admin

Brian

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 04:28:34 AM »
No not gone to another forum just not a lot to say :o have been busy rebuilding the engine on the MGF after the blow up!! roof repairs and the best friend of the family, our dog Sooty becoming ill and dying :'( with all this just nothing to say. 

But well done Charles, it looks very good so maybe a few more of the bigger stuff will be on the painting table ;) 

errant49

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 09:23:42 PM »
Just to tell I did not post for a while because making a trip through Vietnam ( Charles, I remember you know this country)
Will post again when back beginning of March
Eric

mike

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 01:10:48 PM »
I have a few Mars WW1 figures in this scale. Never painted one but they are tempting!
The website is quiet. I think some members have moved to other sites.
I would hate to see the end of the BFF site so I'll make an effort (as Charles has done) to post a few pictures. The society has over 100 members (I think) so please lets keep it alive after all the hard work put in by Mark.
Mike

Charles

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 02:08:53 AM »
Ha ha yes , he does have a slightly worried expression I have not learnt the art of painting a fierce face.
I did find it an appealing figure, there is some thing toy-like about many of the 40mm figures especially the Heinrichsen sets. You don't often see Mars figures, I thought I would bring education to the masses.

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 07:18:52 PM »
I can see the attraction - this really is a charming figure. 

He appears to be wondering again why he joined the Roman army as a Centurion is giving him what for on his pilum technique.

mark  8)
Site Admin

Charles

40mm Mars Roman
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 05:27:47 PM »
Mark is right, it's quiet.....too quiet.
So here is something different, a Mars 40mm Roman that I bought with my last handful of coins right at the end of Kulmbach. My only ever figure larger than 30mm. Not finished yet, but I have tried to give it more contrast under the tutorship of the other Timson twin. Will post the finished figure soon I hope.