Author Topic: HUMBROL  (Read 1443 times)

errant49

• Global Moderator
Re: HUMBROL
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2022, 11:52:57 AM »
Yes I could cross
But the problem is that there are too many British People over there ;D ;D ;D
Eric

Hannibal

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2022, 11:22:45 AM »
By the way, have you ever tried undercoating with Revell enamels ?

Or are they also going to be banned as paintings by the same censure ?  What about painting models then in the future ?

Another way, if banned in Europe is ba,nned like many other insecticides, still used by so many farmers... Is modelism so toxic and destructive to health in this hobby world?

Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Hannibal

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2022, 11:14:18 AM »
These days you can do it easily from Boulogne, just cross the Channel ! ;)
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

errant49

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2022, 09:52:55 AM »
Sometimes (not too often) I am dreaming of a "Frexit" !
Eric

Brian

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2022, 06:13:48 AM »
 ;D ;D ;)

Ed Humphreys

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2022, 05:05:48 AM »
Is it only now you've noticed, Brian?

Brian

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2022, 04:06:26 AM »
Here we go again, the crazies are running the world!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2022, 09:30:50 PM »
   Ok guys. These PEOPLE who dream this stuff up do not have a clue about the real world out there :o   They live in there own little world and believe that they have all the answer  :P  I really think most of them have never had a real job in there life and  don't know what work is >:(  I know its enough to drive a person nuts :-[ :P   In my 74 years I have just about seen it all  :o  So don't let them get to you. Next week there will be something else dangerous about are Hobby. Willie

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2022, 06:19:05 PM »
Ludicrous, how did we as kids survive when Humbrol was all we could get!   I really don’t understand this utter nonsense-  common sense is no longer in the kids learning curriculum !!

Hannibal

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 03:35:38 PM »
What about cigarettes, and nicotine? Not carcinogenic?  why are we selling them freely? where is the logic?

If indications on the obacco package are sufficient, why not on the Humbrol (not intended to be eaten, drunk, not smoked anyway)?
Michel
_______

Hannibal

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 03:27:38 PM »
what a sad news for us !!!

And glyphosate is also toxic and lobbied to be left on the market, because it is a giant soçurce of profir for the killing producers...  What is the logic of the EEC instututions? Obey to lobbies.

I shall quickly go and buy as much as I can, n my age, no problem!! Because there are many, many less painters than consumers of vegetables infected by glyphosate.   Try to understand...

note: fire weapons are also proven to be lethal to human beeings, but their production and use on the contrary are stimulated and expanded !!!   Humans are really strange animals....
Michel
_______

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 12:51:17 PM »

Thats to bad  :( Willie

Jean_Paul

• Associate
HUMBROL
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 12:11:57 PM »
Message from Spotmodel ... (spanish online seller)

MEKO

Until this morning we didn't know what "MEKO" meant, but in this newsletter we are going to explain it to you. There is a chemical substance called "BUTANONE OXIME" (Methyl Ethyl Ketoxime, MEKO; CAS 96-29-7) which is known in the chemical world as "MEKO".The classification on the danger of this product was "category 2 carcinogen H351 - Suspected of causing cancer" until now, but since Tuesday March 1st, according to the "18th ATP to CLP Regulation (EC No 1272/2008)", it has now been classified as "category 1B carcinogen H350 - May cause cancer" hence, following European regulations, products containing more than 0.1% of "MEKO" become very dangerous for health. Unfortunately for us modellers,Humbrol's Enamel paints are affected by this regulation, and this implies that we are forced to stop selling them (SpotModel we are going to start removing their products from our shelves and proceed with their proper destruction. Goodbye to our beloved Humbrol Enamel paints.