Author Topic: Watercolours - Mosquetaires Louis XV  (Read 491 times)

Henry

Re: Watercolours - Mosquetaires Louis XV
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2024, 03:39:41 PM »
Thanks all :), but it really was only a test. I've seen a few flats painted in watercolor in the gallery (I can't remember where). Does anybody know anything about the technique to do that? How do you prime them?

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2024, 09:29:32 AM »

Well done nice Job Willie

snagy

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2024, 02:54:30 AM »
I find your work very good, Henry!
I think it is much more difficult to achieve a good result with watercolor on paper surface, than in case painting a flat!
Nice work!
Sandor

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 06:07:50 PM »
Impressive work
JBA

Henry

Watercolours - Mosquetaires Louis XV
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 01:18:18 PM »
In those days when I don't have my oil colors (and flats) with me, I've been experimenting with copying a watercolor by Leliepvre, with the intention of painting the Epopees set (https://epopees-histoire.fr/1027050-mousquetaires-1720.html). Okay, you can see the difference. :P ;D

Nonetheless, it's an interesting medium; it forces you to work on shadows while already laying down color, so initially, it can feel like working on a patchwork. However, with a bit of practice, once the "puzzle" is completed, some nice pictures can emerge. I've noticed that white is still as important as it is in oil colors, and in fact, you can try adding a bit of white as an additional layer over already dried colors. It can work.