Author Topic: Help ID these cannons  (Read 455 times)

Hannibal

Re: Help ID these cannons
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2023, 03:08:03 PM »
see site, comments of azog  on guns after 3/4 pages Revell Black Pearl | Ships of Scale (https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/revell-black-pearl.1346/)
for marine guns
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2023, 05:16:16 PM »
Thanks for the information. I have several books on Toy Soldiers, but these cannons didn't appear in any of them. What books would you suggest?
Simos

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2023, 11:05:48 AM »

I would say that they are late 19th century early 20th century. I would say made in Germany or France . The Naval guns  made in the UK. You need too pick up some books on Toy Soldiers  8)  Willie

Hannibal

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2023, 05:41:28 AM »
The bottom pictures describes marine guns, used on ships (and maquettes) between the XVI and XVIII the century.  But cannot specifies from which country, as their size was limiting probably their design, more or less standardized.  Scale between 1:75 and 1:150 , perhaps 1:200

I had many plastic sailing ships models 15 years ago (299 model boxes), but today can no longer inspect the boxes to be more specific; perhaps the colour wold give indications on the brand, and thereafter some models within the catalogues (Heller, Revell, Zvezda, Imai, Aifix, Lindberg, Aurora, ERTL, ..)

Top picture= no idea ...
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Help ID these cannons
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 05:02:52 PM »
Looking for help to ID these two different cannons. The large one measures 1 1/2" x 1 3/4" x 2" and the wheels turn and the smaller one measures 3/4" x 1" x 1 1/2" and the wheels are fixed. Any information on these would be appreciated.