Author Topic: Schlacht bei Murten - Blum  (Read 849 times)

Christoph

• Associate
Re: Schlacht bei Murten - Blum
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2024, 12:34:46 PM »
Hello Sandor,
Nice painting on some fine figures.
Christoph

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2024, 09:23:46 AM »
Very good to see and read, so I take it Galeazzo Maria Sforza met his fate at Murtens.
JBA

snagy

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2024, 04:18:33 AM »
Friends,
here are two flag bearers, of the Swiss Confederate army: the flag bearer of Nidwalden (MU-75  ) and that of the Zürich troops (MU-76 ):

And here is – might be a bit odd-one-out of the Blum-line – a  mounted knight for the Burgund-side.
Its story is the following:
Recently got into my hands this flat with an – exceptionally well represented – bascinet-type helmet.
The „basic” bascinet here is completed with a conical Klappvisor:  so it is the so called Houndskull bascinet, that came in fashion in the end of XIV.-beginning of the XV. century. 
I found the rendering of the form of this helmet-type so exceptionally good, that I could not help to use it in my representation of the Morat battle.
Since Milan was famous for its armorers, moreover Charles the Bold had also Milanese auxiliary troops,  I put this knight in his service, using the coat of arms of the Dukes of Milan (omitting  the eagle and shown  the Milanese Serpent on the shield, only). He could be the champion of Galeazzo Maria Sforza (1444-1476),  perhaps.
Unfortunately the casting of the figure was of quite poor quality, with numerous „pox-craters”, that had to be smoothed with epoxy – with more or less success.
So this is the final result – please consider it with appreciation!

Best regards-
Sandor

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2023, 11:26:51 AM »
Good stuff!
JBA

Stefan

• Associate
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2023, 02:12:56 PM »
Do any knows something about the Hofnarr? I have riden some acounts of the battle but he is not metioned anywhere.
Christoph
Hi Christoph. I think that's just a legend. The Hofnarr is said to have mocked the Swiss. When they captured him at the battle of murten, they are said to have chased him through the streets of Thurn until he collapsed.
This is still re-enacted today at the carnival in Thurn. The character is called the "Fulehung".

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2023, 07:13:58 AM »
Nice painting,  Sandor. I hope to see all this figures put together for an diorama or something like that.
Do any knows something about the Hofnarr? I have riden some acounts of the battle but he is not metioned anywhere.
Christoph

snagy

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2023, 05:13:24 AM »
And two swiss banners:

Basel (MU-79):

Bern (MU-81):

Sandor

snagy

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 04:53:43 AM »
Another two figures from the set:

Hofnarr (MU-87):

And Knecht mit Dogge (MU-89):

Have a nice weekend!!!
Sandor ;D

Hannibal

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 10:42:18 AM »
good job, Sandor !!
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 08:53:08 AM »
Very good, really like the face and armor.
JBA

snagy

Schlacht bei Murten - Blum
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 04:44:06 AM »
Bannerträger des Herzogs von Somerset (MU-185):

Sandor