Author Topic: Maurice Cazanave  (Read 3334 times)

Grimm

Re: Maurice Cazanave
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 11:53:31 AM »
Thanks for the information. His address was new to me. Also thah there should be an MC13. Ochel has MC1-12.

Ian Parkinson

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 12:39:43 PM »

Hi Grimm

I do have the figures of  Maurice Cazanave in my collection. I think I have a complete set, but without checking through I am not sure about MC13.

I obtained them from Kieler Zinnfiguren. As far as I know they are still available from Fraulein Ochel. They are all of French Napoleonic Chasseurs a cheval.

I also know the figures were advertized in a French magazine I think the CFFH journal, for early 1960s, and I have a photocopy of the list from that Magazine.

It gives the then address of Dr Cazanave (11 rue Aime (e with acute accent), Ramon, Cracassonne, if that is of interest.

The list 
Chasseurs a Cheval 1809 en Kinski, arret de 3/4 grde tenue: MC1 Officier, MC2 Trompette, MC3 Chasseur, cheval rumant, MC4 Chasseur cheval calme. Tous avec shako.
Chasseurs a Cheval 1809 en Kinski, Cie elite, arret de 3/4: MC5 Officier, MC6 Trompette,  MC7 Chasseur cheval calme, MC8 Chasseur, cheval rumant
. Tous avec colback, deux plummets.

[/size][/color]
Chasseurs a Cheval grande tenue 1806-12 habit long, de profil
[/size][/color]
: MC9 Trompette en shapska sonnant en marche, MC10 Trompette en shako sonnant en marche, MC11 Trompette en colback sonnant a l'arret. MC12 Chasseur en colback, presentant la sabre, a l'arret.

[/size][/color]
Chasseurs a Cheval 1809 grande tenue , arret de 3/4
[/size][/color]
:  MC13 Trompette en Kinski avec shapska.

[/size][/color]

There is reference to another figure MC  14, a Gendarme, but when I tried to order it, I was told it was never engraved.

The bases are the commonest shape ie rectangular with sloped sides (technically an elongated hexagonal shape I'd think) marked with the code number MC1 etc and the small engraver's mark So (with umlaut) ie Sollner with no other markings.

I hope this is of interest.

Ian Parkinson

Grimm

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 01:05:21 PM »
I have been told that Maurice Cazanave was mentioned in Bulletin de la Société des Collectionneurs de Figurines Historiques[/color] 34 ième année N°3 mai juin 1964[/size]. So the figures were probably new at that time.[/color][/size]

Grimm

Maurice Cazanave
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 12:33:05 PM »
I bought some figures on an internet auction. It turned out that they were published by Maurice Cazanave. The molds now belongs to Ochel. Söllner has engraved all the figures. Maurice Cazanave is not included in Heinz Schensles's book Sigel-Bistimmungsbuch. Does anyone know anything about Cazanave?