Author Topic: Le Plumet  (Read 2634 times)

Kulmbach

Re: Le Plumet
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 07:44:10 AM »
Then I know, it´s no way to buy the RIGO uniformplates than on the second hand market and e-bay is the place to watch.
I already got a great deal of Rigo´s plates  but they all are from the Napoleonic period but now my interest has swinged over to includeing the Ancient Regime.

Thanks for the informatin and a special thanks to "ISLY" for letting me see the film about RIGO. Very interesting to see the artist in work and his personal collection.

Jan

Ducel1

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 04:29:06 PM »
Your best source will be e-Bay.  I've had great success "filling in" the holes in my RIGO collection utilizing e-Bay.
I collect only the initial issues of each planche.........no re-prints or copies found in Tradition magazine, so if you
are not particular, you should, with patience be able to find what you're looking for.
Russ

Isly1844

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 04:14:47 PM »
Hi,
I don't think that it will be possible.
These plates are out-of-print.
Rigo is quite old and not able anymore to pursue the very good work he has done.
If you like Rigo's work, you should have a look to this video from 1977:
http://www.ina.fr/video/RXC00001210/un-gibernard-de-premiere-classe-video.html

Regards,
Mathieu

nmrocks

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 10:37:37 PM »
I know you specified primary and not secondary market but I have seen quite a few listed on E-bay France.
Ray

Kulmbach

Le Plumet
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 12:50:32 PM »
Does anybody know if it´s still possibly to  buy the uniform plates by RIGO, beside the second hand market?
What I am looking for is his plates in the serie AR dealing with the period of Louis XV period.

Jan