Author Topic: Very sad new  (Read 1272 times)

sailorboy3

• beginner flat painter
Re: Very sad new
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2024, 04:06:09 PM »
Hi,
Fellow painters & Flat collectors.
Just came online to your site and saw the news of "Jim Horans" passing.
Last met him, again, at Kulmback, 2 yrs. ago.
 First Met Jim at a model show located in Freeport, Long Island.
As we talked, I made mention of wanting to try flats to paint and
He kindly invited me to his home located in Bronxville, NY.
Spent part of a morning & afternoon, trying my hand and watching a master at work.
Also had the chance to peruse his painted flats. Excellent work.
The hobby has lost a master and with today's generation. Will his place every be filled? :-[
with regrets
Bill Murphy
Fountain Valley Ca

Hannibal

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2024, 03:33:33 AM »

I am discovering that Jim was indeed a great painter !!

This would be a great idea, but I did not knew him, nor met him.  Unless cited in the BFFS maazines, from where information could be extracted, fellows from Kilia or their relations coulmd attempt to say more about him, and open a dédicated post on him.
Also any additional pmicture or owner opf one of his works is welcome to post in the galery, or send to me by email in order to resize it;

Thank you
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2024, 09:53:51 AM »
Hannibal and Mark, that is a wonderful retrospective.  Thank ya'll for putting this together.  Jim did fantastic work.  I recently had been buying from Jim on the well-known auction site and had a limited correspondence with him.  Can anyone share what Jim did for a living?  His work reminds me of illustrations and just wondered if he had been a trained illustrator or artist.  Look forward to the publication!
JBA

Hannibal

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2024, 03:34:19 PM »
Hello to all !!!

All my best wishes for 2024, of fealth success in painting and in your personal life.

Mark and I opened a gallery In memoriam, for Jim Horan, trying top collect pîctuires opf his remarkable painting work ...
You shall find his gallery now active in the Gallery section.

Among the contriburors, Marko with pictures from 2012 or 2013, several pictures from the private collection of Rick Sanders, also from Gianpaolo Bistulfi bothe redone for the purpose.
But I also found pictures in the illustrated painted flat on the site of Kieler Zinnfiguren, and after contacting Kilia, I received the following reply I am giving below for your attention too,

see: KILIA centenary (intflatfigures.org)

"Thank you for your enquiry. Jim Horan sent me his exhibits for the big anniversary exhibition "100 Years of Kiel Pewter Figures, 1924 - 2024" shortly before his death. His pewter figures will be exhibited from 8 February 2024 - 30 December 2024 in the German Pewter Figure Museum at Plassenburg Castle in Kulmbach.

You are very welcome to present the available pictures.
The special exhibition will also be accompanied by a catalogue - illustrated book, which will be published in February 2024.This illustrated book will describe all 31 display cases and show the pewter figurines exhibits.The largest display case has an area of 12 m². It will be a large exhibition that will take up the entire 5th floor of the Pewter Figures Museum. Best wishes and a good start to 2024,Marbod GerstenhauerKILIA Tin FiguresMarbod GerstenhauerKILIA ZinnfigurenAm Grunstedter Rain 5699428 Weimar"  <end of citation>

The gallery consists of 69 of his paintings, resized to a small format for easy reading.

International Flat Figure Society - British Flat Figure Society - Jim Horan (intflatfigures.org)
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Christian

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2023, 05:13:46 PM »
Very sad news  :'(
Christian, Kettwig (Germany)
Privatoffizin Kettwiger Zinnfiguren / Kettwiger tin figures

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2023, 10:11:42 AM »

Very sad news Willie

Brian

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2023, 09:28:42 AM »
Again we lose one of our friends   :(

RIP Jim

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2023, 09:28:08 AM »
Very sad to hear about Jim and another loss for the community.  He was a rare talent.

Mark
Site Admin

merlino

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 08:05:04 AM »
Another very sad news.I'm sorry. Jim are a very friend, always helpful, kind and patient. We have lost another great person.  :-\
merlino957@outlook.com
"on paints first with the brain, rather than with the brushes..."

böckchen

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 04:58:43 AM »
A very unfortunate loss... his beautiful displays will continue to be remembered.
best regards
Wolfgang

archigrog

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 04:01:47 AM »
A very sad news.... :'(

Rip dear Jim.

Claudio

errant49

• Global Moderator
Very sad new