Forum > Newbie Section

Painting without solvents ?

<< < (3/3)

oleg:
Hi Jean-Mark,
I have heard about and even saw water based oils. I have no idea what they are but they may be useful for you.
Oleg

John Alberts:
Have never used Kimera but read good descriptions of it.  I find AK Interactive Gen 3 meets all needs.  Also had success with Andrea, Vallejo, and Scale 75-both the inks and paints.  Find all can be diluted with water and still provide an impression

GuerrierdeRohan:
Hello all,
a short note about what I have done, and my apologies for some basic questions on a great forum.  I have painted many round figures in various scales , in acrylics, ( 28mm, 15mm, 10mm, and 6mm, for ex. British 1945 para camo anyone in this cale ? ). Some years back I entered the world of flats and I have never turned bacK.

But I'm now facing a problem : doctors say that I should no longer use oil colours (which are solvent free,  )  with white spirit, turpentine; Liquin, etc, which are a bit nasty.

So far the other options are :-to use a mask...-to use acrylics again but which ones and more importantly : how ? After some research I believe Kimera range would be an answer, but a)would you recommend other brands ? And b) which brand can be heavily diluted without problem(s)  of coverage ?- to use oil colours misceable with water... Again , after a long search, it seems Holbein Duo Aqua would be good enough. But I would need a confirmation, and if you have any other recommandations about other brands I'd like to see them.

Thank you ahead for the answers,
And keep up the good work !

Best Regards,
Jean-Marc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version