Author Topic: Search Name of two characters from MENZ  (Read 1264 times)

marko

• Administrator
Re: Search Name of two characters from MENZ
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2022, 10:55:33 AM »
Here you go I think this gets you most of the way there:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Knötel_III,_53.jpg

Breeches would be fawn or light tan I think with black boots.
https://www.warlordgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/KGL-Banner.jpg

Mark
Site Admin

Hannibal

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2022, 08:26:19 AM »
Many thanks Krooi ! indeed, such a strange pipe !!

The other ? Hannoveranischer offizier : I can't find anyone else than .....  the King Ernst August himself, with a painting on internet, having such garnment, no one else has such a hat and suit in the Hannover army commands.....

Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

kroi

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 03:28:23 AM »
The chevauleger's strange tool is a pipe. Just search for Reservisten Tabakpfeife and you'll find some nice specimen. Of course I can't say if the Bavarian still is on active duty.

Hannibal

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 06:01:27 PM »
Thank you Claudio!
Very fast feedback ....

I shall find the. details in History
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

archigrog

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 03:42:28 PM »
Dear Michel,

both figures were in Historia Muller Catalog under the theme "WAFFENBRÜDER, ca. 1810"; Don't know who have bought the moulds:
C70, Bayerischer Chevauleger saufend;
C71, Hannoveranischer Offizier rauchend.

unfortunatly i can't help you with uniformological infos...

claudio

Hannibal

Search Name of two characters from MENZ
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 02:42:36 PM »
I acquired two flats of 95 to 105mm size (LARGE), but I am unsure of the identification and nationality of one of them:  year is claimed to be 1815

On the base, the thick man is called "BAY. CHEVAU LEGER' on one side, and "MENZ    C70     D" on the back.  He holds a strange tool iin his left hand, like .... a candle snuffer ??

The other (French or English? officer?  Infantry?), smoking, has no name,  and "MENZ   C71   D"  on the back.  His hat is special, he is holding his left glove in his right gloved hand, and what could be a thin cane, and smokes a small pipe in the left hand; his collar is also particular.

Reason is to determine the colours and specificities of the uniforms and accessories, and their military link.

Can someone help me?
Michel
_______