Forum > Newbie Section

More "Reference"

(1/5) > >>

Moore:
Pat,  understand. will try to paint it in.

nickball:   thank you for your opinion.  Will heed that advise about if it's wrong, to make it darker.

Thanks
Dee

Nicholas Ball:
I find it easier to paint in folds than add putty etc. Casting is just a guide anyway, once painted it is quite hard to tell what is and isn't cast.

I must say I recently had a figure where the fold was in the wrong place and yes I ignored it, however in certain light you can see the casting which is rather annoying.
If you do need to ignore a cast fold, try to do it as dark as possible.

PJDeluhery:
Hi Dee,

Yes, depending on the casting and your vision of it, you may have to add detail/relief or even ignore relief that is already there. Just paint it as if the relief was present.

Moore:
Guys,

I have another question. I have been looking at this flat and it's ready to be primed. BUT........
I noticed the hat is just flat, no jokes please   :).  But really here is my question, sometimes do
you have to paint in the folds and creases. I am not sure I can do that, I guess I could just follow
the picture. OR should I put putty on it and make some folds ?

Sounds like everyone has been into other hobbies too.  You guys are very funny, I thought I was on the wrong forum :)
I use to do dollhouses and after this flat I may go back to that ;)  Just kidding.

Thanks
Dee

Nicholas Ball:
OK  i'm an Iriot, ???  and I'll give it a go and ask!!! :-\

Do you have soft skin Brian???????  Are you using too much moisturiser again!!!! :P :P

As for Motorcycles, I would like to draw your attention to page 6 of the health and safety manual, whereby it quotes:

Whilst using 2 wheels at speed, which may indeed help it to retain an upright position, it must be noted that in a static position, the said object may have a tendency of falling into a horizontal position, whereby it may therefore cause unintentional damage to either rider or pillion!!!
We therefore suggest that all operating manuals are read and fully understood before such actions of riding are undertaken!!!
Perhaps for those of a less competent proposition use vehicles of a 4 wheel nature.

I recon I'm in the wrong job!!!! This cr*p is so easy to write!!!!!! I'm a natural ;D :D ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version