Forum > Flat Figure Sets

Menz - Crusader Personalities

<< < (2/2)

archigrog:
Flat tin figures need we live more then 250 years...i think we need 300...but we can do!  ;D

Claudio

Hannibal:
Ah! AH! Ah, Mark, exactly the same for me !!

marko:
Like most or all of us I purchase flats with the specific intent to paint them.  Some like these I save for special occasions with the specific intent to do a little extra something as they are so beautifully engraved.  (I tend to be that way with Mohr as well.)  So the short answer is I am not yet sure - I suspect I will try several of them soon and if history tells me anything they may be painted several times until I am happy.

At the moment I am working on Scholtz's history of costume and some Gottstein Aztecs, then we will see.  (If I live the necessary 250 years I am going to have a stunning painted collection.)

mark  8)

Hannibal:
When shall you paint them, Mark ??

marko:
A thoroughly iconic set with some of the most beautiful medievals ever engraved - there are many examples in our galleries of these beautiful figures engraved by Frank.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]     [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

The Menz online catalog:
  [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Mike Taylor highlighted these figures way back in a journal article in 1987:

Mike noted the bulk of this set was completed by November 1981 with some soldiers added in 1989.  In my case this set is apparently from the same collector I purchased the Crusader siege from 6 years earlier - 2015 and 2021.

mark  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version