Author Topic: Mauri de Bérulles at Crecy in 1346  (Read 1239 times)

Grimm

Re: Mauri de Bérulles at Crecy in 1346
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 07:16:10 AM »
I prefer the light background even if the colors shine more with the black background. In any case, it is well painted.

Hannibal

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 05:33:27 AM »
Thanks Richard.
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Richard

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 02:43:56 AM »
Congratulations Michel for this fine painting.Richard

Hannibal

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 04:58:01 PM »
I agree with you, John, reason why so many flats are presented on a dark background.
For a clearer adjustment of the white picture, the white would be too bright to watch the character at peace.  But some presentations require a white or pale background.
Actually a light brown background seems to be a good compromise.  I 'll try to take picture later when having more access to choice on my return home.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 05:33:00 AM by Hannibal »
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 03:28:26 PM »
Very nice painting, of the two photo selections of the painted piece, the black background allowed the colors to be sharper and brighter, with more pop.
JBA

Hannibal

Mauri de Bérulles at Crecy in 1346
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 08:35:33 AM »
My last painting of last week:
Flat from Müeller-Erfurt No. MR102, editor Ludwig Frank, 30mm:  (French) Knight frontal with a lance in reserve.

From the knights present at the battle, I selected a French knight:  Amauri de Bérulles, knight lived in 1339.
He served in the wars of King Philippe de Valois supported against the English, and found himself at the battle of Crécy on August 26, 1346. 
Coat of arms : “De gueules au chevron d'or accompagné de trois molettes du même »

Michel
_______