Author Topic: Not at Kulmbach sale  (Read 2771 times)

aba

• Associate
Re: Not at Kulmbach sale
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 10:01:07 AM »
Dear all,

I own this figure for some years, too. It was for sale by Mrs. Ochel but maybe no more today (?).

And there were a few more figures of that kind engraved by L.Frank and just at this Kulmbach I saw these for the first time. They belonged to a range of Ochel figures called "DIZ" and disappeared years before WW II. But in fact they still exist today, moulds being sold by the end of 1920 or so  to Sweden (Mars) but rarely casted ever after.

There are some very nice indians, Frederick the great soldiers, Zulus and some WW I maybe 40 in all. I was very surprised to see these for the first time at Mr Mobergs stand at Kulmbach.

Best regards

Alexander

Mike G

• Mike
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 07:47:03 AM »
I believe it is a very rare figure. Mine was bought on eBay some time ago but I've never seen another one. Beyond that I don't know anything else about it
New York

Brian

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 04:28:35 AM »
Ludwig Frank figure is no longer for sale  ;)

Brian

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 12:02:46 PM »

If I was to keep it, I would not paint it ether  :D
The fact is I though it is a rare figure, tell me more guys  ::)   

Mike G

• Mike
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 08:34:27 AM »
Believe it or not I have one of these as well and it is indeed a beautiful figure (I cannot bring myself to try and paint it)
New York

Hannibal

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 07:45:55 AM »
Indeed very special for collectors mainly!!!

But here, if you wish to sell it, contact Greg di Franco, he will love to paint it !! (two sided); but actually it is  vacation pediod, many people are in Kulmbach, probably no amateur, also as price is in GBP, so in euros it is a statring price at 77 euros , and in USD = 90 USD!!!

Perhaps Daniel Canet who paints also rond bosses.

60mm is this the total height floor to top head, or the size of the rider (foot to eyes level) ?
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Brian

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 04:44:03 AM »

Well this time we have something special and will be open to offers and starting at £70

The great Ludwig Frank was know to do one round figure, commissioned by Kieler.

60mm 15th Century Knight based on a engraving by Albrecht Durer, It is the only "Half Round" figure Frank is known to have engraved.
It's signed and the unused mould was found in 1993 during restoration work

This offer will stay open for 7 days to give all a chance, only one of these for sale and I don't know if any more where cast?

A must for the Frank collector  ;)

Mike G

• Mike
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 06:06:27 PM »
Excellent! Michel I can wait so let me know when back and I'll send you some euros. Thanks!!!
New York

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 02:42:31 PM »
Mike has good taste, these are sweet!

Nicely done gents.

mark  8)
Site Admin

Hannibal

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 02:16:49 PM »
Hello Mike,

I have them and would be pleased to ship them to you , I have too many others to paint to be sad.
However I am only returning to Belgium, home after September 20th.  Either you find them from someone else before, or you can recontact me after September 22 !!

Michel
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Brian

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 02:11:36 PM »

Here's a photo of what Mike is after, I have none for sale as these are mine  ;D ;)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Mike G

• Mike
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 09:34:31 AM »
If any of you guys happen to see the 3 musketeers in large scale by historia and are willing to do a guy a favor and ship em to the USA I would greatly appreciate it! (I have dartagnion already)
New York

Brian

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 06:06:58 AM »

A few more from the BFFS

Brian

Not at Kulmbach sale
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 03:02:13 AM »

We will start with

Jupiter figures,   price on request and listed 1-12 just ask
If these a figure your after again just ask I may have it  ;)