Author Topic: Burgundy II  (Read 3201 times)

Christoph

• Associate
Re: Burgundy II
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2024, 09:46:48 AM »
Thanks
Here is the next,  a first group of pikemen from the second burgundy ordonnance compagnie.

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2024, 03:14:44 PM »
I see what you mean by your previous statement that 2 archers were enough per man at arms when it was written as 3.  Very good painting
JBA

snagy

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2024, 11:42:24 PM »
They are nice as usual!!!
Thank you for showing!
Sandor
 ;D

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2024, 04:18:52 PM »
Hello,
Here is the rest of the mounted archers of the second ordonnance compagnie, including the archers banner.
Christoph

snagy

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2024, 07:07:32 AM »
Thank you, Christoph!
B.r.-

Sandor

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2024, 09:30:25 PM »
Many thanks, I have the Arms and Uniforms series and have not thought to look for other Funcken publications.
JBA

snagy

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2024, 12:37:29 PM »

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2024, 12:19:52 PM »
Very nice!  Is that Funcken book a stand alone or part of the uniform series?  Seems the former.
JBA

snagy

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2024, 10:15:33 AM »
Thank you for the feedback, Christoph!
I admire your painted figures!
I think I have to purchase the works of Gerry Embleton und Ulrich Lehnart  as well in order to have more sources on the topic.
May I ask you to specify the title of their works, that you consider authentic, please? (you know the Burgundian wars period I am interested most)
I am looking forward to see your next meticulously accomplished works!
Best regards-
Sandor

merlino

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2024, 04:08:50 AM »
very very beautiful !  ;)
merlino957@outlook.com
"on paints first with the brain, rather than with the brushes..."

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2024, 02:18:03 AM »
Hello Sandor,
All these figures are painted freshly for that. I have painted some of these figures before and showed in an other picture.

There are enough different figures for homme d'armes but only a few for coustilliers and mounted archers. So I have to use the same four figures for that group what makes painting a bit boring.

I'm using acryl coloures, so I can paint a mounted figures in about 2 to 3 hours.

I knew the Funcken book of course. It's a good basic book but you have to be careful because a lot of the paintings in that book are based on 19th century drawings. My main scoure for the burgundian army are the books of Gerry Embleton und Ulrich Lehnart.

Christoph

snagy

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2024, 01:58:01 AM »
Very nice gang!
I was tinking, whether on your new pictures all the figures are freshly painted, or your group earlier painted figures to the new ones?
If all the fiures are freshly painted your make an enormous continuous painting work!
To paint a mounted figure in oils it takes me 3-4 days, working about 3 hours on the figure, daily.
The footsoldier takes about the half of this time.
Back to the structure of the troops: just recently got to my hands an outstanding work about the middle-age warfare: "Historische Waffen und RĂ¼stungen" of Liliane and Fred Funcken. I have the German language issue, however it is available in English and French too. It is a beautifully and richly illustrated with color pictures/drawings. I think it is  a well known work for most of you.
On page 90-92 the book describes detailed way the basic unit of the army of the 13-15 century: it is the "Lance". That says that the ratio of a man-at arms to his servants is usually 1 to 7. The seven service men is: a page, a coutiller, three mounter archer and 2-3 foots.
So when one says that a troop consists of 500 lances, that means a force of 500 + 3.500/4.000 armed men.
Have a nice day!!!
Sandor

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2024, 04:40:55 PM »
Hello,
Here is the next one.
The first part of the mounted archers of the second ordonnance compagnie.
Normally there would be 3 archers to one homme d'armes.  For my project I redroduce the numder to 2 archers to one homme d'armes. But I think thete are still enough of them.
Christoph

Hannibal

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2024, 09:46:39 AM »
Yes, fantastic, but no way to resize to 30mm !!!!
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)