Author Topic: Different figures from the same mould  (Read 397 times)

archigrog

• Associate
Re: Different figures from the same mould
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2023, 08:46:20 AM »
Great Christoff, very interesting!!
Thank so much for sharing these informations

Claudio

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2023, 04:49:46 PM »
Hello Claudio and all other interested in that,

The writing of Mr. Albrecht must be somewhere on my computer. I tried to find it but failed.

But here I have a writing from Mr. Lehnart in which he anounced that he started editing figures. There is no date on it but it must be from around 1982. I found this among some old catalouges at a collectors meeting some month ago.

Mr. Albrecht had already edited some sets of figures for the late medival period which are now available from Mr Dangelmaier.
Mr Lehnart tells the reader that Mr Albrecht stopped editing new figures so he startet editing additional figures for the late medival period himself.
Three quaters down the page he says that he is going to follow the custom of Mr. Albrecht to engrave the figures as lancers first in a limited number. Collectors have to preorder these figures. After that the banners will be engraved.

Christoph

archigrog

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 11:13:30 AM »
Dear Christoff,
this is very interesting!!
Please can you share  Mr. Albrecht writing?? I'm very curious.

Claudio

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 09:00:44 AM »
Fascinating!  Thank you for the presentation.
JBA

Christoph

• Associate
Different figures from the same mould
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2023, 06:46:35 AM »
Hello,
Here is something interesting which may be new to some of you.
I got some second hand figures from a collector friend some weeks ago. Among them were the three figures below. All casted with the same mould. First the left one was engraved and a some figures were casted. Then the small flag was added (middle figure). At last the bigger flag and the helmet was engraved. In this version the figure is still available from Mr Dangelmaier. I know that this was done by some editors in the past, like here by Mr. Albrecht. Somewhere among my papers I have the copy of a writting by him where he discriped that.

Christoph