Author Topic: Fechner Zinnfiguren does not work?  (Read 1655 times)

Stefan

• Associate
Re: Fechner Zinnfiguren does not work?
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2023, 02:03:53 PM »

Wow! That's really alarming!
I don't see it so negatively.
The really interesting, beautifully designed historical series have been coming from private individuals for many years. Like Mr Oldhafer, Mr Zimmermann or Mr Tappert. They produce the figures for their own pleasure and not because they want to make money with them.
The waiting times for the really good engravers are currently almost a year.

But it is of course a painful loss if moulds were to disappear from the market.

PJDeluhery

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2023, 12:46:12 PM »
Sadly I have to agree with the last statements, but it not just the old retiring from the production of flat figures, nearly every editor I talk to ,and that's a lot is thinking that they soon will close the door!  just no one is buying figures anymore  :(     
Wow! That's really alarming!
BFFS Member,
N. American Rep.
If the world is wrong; then right your own self...Brother Dave Gardner

Brian

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2023, 05:24:05 AM »
Sadly I have to agree with the last statements, but it not just the old retiring from the production of flat figures, nearly every editor I talk to ,and that's a lot is thinking that they soon will close the door!  just no one is buying figures anymore  :(     

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023, 12:15:25 PM »
It has been quite a roller coaster in the world of flats over the last few years.  When I broke in 10 years or so ago the internet was beginning to arrive and really opened things up.  Little by little there was a wealth of options and catalogs/vendors on-line which really helped someone trying to learn, such as myself, slowly pick up an understanding.  Still many surprises - multiple vendors creating figures from the same drawings, figures changing vendors and thus names etc.  The wonders of E-Bay also helped build the collection but, at times I purchased partial sets without realizing it which was frustrating but, I from multiple directions managed to acquire more figures than I will paint.

And at the apex - covid hit which has been devastating to the online community it seems.  The last couple of years have significantly shrunk that market and finally many large vendors are beginning to retire and or pass on which has created another stress in the community.  It truly feels like the passing of an era much of the time.

At one time I had very large sets of files on figures and uniforms along with a huge list of miniature manufacturers in the 80s and 90s.  Much of the same had happened though this side of the hobby seems to currently be in somewhat of a renaissance due to a huge amount of prolific talented artists as well as resin figures and now short run figures produced via 3d printing.  However. walking through some of the my old files and now defunct manufacturers was always a bit depressing.  (The loss of model magazines has not helped as it is at times to discover new faces and makers much less learn about those of the past.)  Lots of names and history just seemed to disappear - the downside of having access to everything is awareness when it begins to go away.

Hopefully our little niche will find a a similar way to thrive with new talent and directions along with much of the history and personalities documented as well.

mark

Site Admin

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2023, 12:11:30 PM »
Sadly, Christian is right.

In the next few years many editors are going out of business besause of age. And like in the case of Mr. Fechner who owns a lot of moulds it will not be easy to have an overview where all the moulds will be ending up.
I hope most of the figures from these moulds will be available in the future but I fear a lot is going to be lost.

Christoph

Christian

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2023, 04:18:13 PM »

Dear Sandor,

Unfortunately, it is a big problem that the big old offices of the last few years are dissolving due to business closure, death or retirement.

In very few cases (actually only with small publishers) it is possible for the entire stock of forms or figures to be transferred to a new publisher.
The big exception is the continuation of the Kieler Zinnfiguren.

As a rule, the old publisher still wants high transfer prices for the forms, which means that only financially strong buyers strike;
Unfortunately, the stock of forms is split up much more frequently.

If you're lucky, the new editor will publish the takeovers of the forms.
Most of the time, unfortunately, not, and sometimes the molds disappear into private ownership.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you where the shapes are for the figures you are looking for from the Swiss or Burgundian period.
But you can try to write or call Werner Fechner personally.

BG Christian
Christian, Kettwig (Germany)
Privatoffizin Kettwiger Zinnfiguren / Kettwiger tin figures

snagy

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023, 02:31:11 AM »
Thank you for the information, Christoph!
Actually at present I would be interested in the following figures of Mr Fechner:
66/5  Dudelsackpfeifer
66/6  Trommler
66/11  Schweizer Speerigel von Burgunderzeit
66/12  Schweizer Speerigel von Burgunderzeit
66/13  Schweizer Speerigel von Burgunderzeit
66/14  Schweizer Speerigel von Burgunderzeit
66/8  Schalmeibläser
May be you know something about their availability from some provider?
The figures are on this page of the Fechner-catalog:

Thank you for the help!
B.r.
Sandor

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 11:00:50 AM »
Hello Sandor,
Mr. Fechner stopped selling flats one or two years ago and as far as I know there is no one anymore who cast the moulds. He also sold parts of his moulds as well. For example some of the von Droste moulds of the 30 years war to Schmalkaldener Zinnfiguren.
Christoph

snagy

Fechner Zinnfiguren does not work?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 09:09:57 AM »
Hallo Friends!
Having sent my recent order I received the below answer from Fechner Zinnfiguren:

Do you know something about them?
B.r.
Sandor