Author Topic: Flats painted by Leliepvre  (Read 839 times)

marko

• Administrator
Re: Flats painted by Leliepvre
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024, 08:30:11 AM »
There are a few books around specific themes, Mohr figures there is wonderful on Douchkine but, the options are not wide.  Berliner Zinnfiguren I has many of them.  Becoming a member on this site gives you access to the BFFS journals which has a wealth of pictures and artists.  One other nice option is Gianpolo Bistulfi’s wonderful site and Many Painters, Many Styles page: 
http://www.zinnfiguren-bistulfi.com/tanti_pittori.html

As for Rousselot and Leliepvre for that matter there is a lot of availability of their paintings documenting uniforms their figures are not so well documented.  It is a shame as they were both quite talented and innovative in this area.  I think in our history section there may be a magazine article or two but, I am unaware of anything in book form. 

Mark
Site Admin

Henry

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 03:56:13 AM »
Is there a book or publication showcasing his painted flats? (I would like to inquire the same for Rousselot.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 07:58:19 AM by marko »

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024, 03:10:27 PM »
Beautifully painted flats, exceptional
JBA

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 12:46:48 PM »
Like many I am also a large Leliepvre fan due to his work with Historex that many of us grew up with.  There is a Leliepvre group on Facebook where once in a while his flat figures show up.  i believe I have seen some Rousselot flats as well though not 100% sure.

The other stand out from this era that comes to mind is Madame Josaine Desfontaines who like the others was talented at whatever she made or painted.  I have this item of her work:

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

mark 

P.S. One suspects that like most long standing miniaturist everyone wants to give flat figures a go once and then only the most discerning catch the bug....
Site Admin

Henry

Flats painted by Leliepvre
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 12:06:12 PM »
Hello everyone, does anyone know where to find some beautiful pictures of figures painted by Leliepvre? It seems that, in addition to drawing, he was also known for painting flats. By the way, did Rousselot also paint flats?