Author Topic: Flats Mexico's first  (Read 1168 times)

gerhard

• Associate
Re: Flats Mexico's first
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 09:01:15 AM »
It is interesting that the first Mexican "flat" presents no mexican Topic. It would be more interesting if they cover Mexican History or folk live.Well, it is not really a flat, but it is maybe not selling well, because of the price AND the topic.
Mexico is a big country, with a rich history. So I think, next time it could be far more interesting to make a original mexican figure (or series).Diogenes was made before.
I agree with Andreas Trost about the quality. But its a first effort. So it is quite well.

Brian

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 08:04:07 AM »
Thanks Pat, but no one else have an opinion? 

PJDeluhery

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 10:19:44 AM »
I agree with Andreas. That said, it's a good first effort, and I hope we can encourage further work.

They might want to look at this site for ideas on techniques. We have some very talented people here turning out some pretty amazing flats on a one-off or limited production basis.

I wish our Mexican brethren success in their new venture. 
BFFS Member,
N. American Rep.
If the world is wrong; then right your own self...Brother Dave Gardner

Brian

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 05:18:48 AM »
Okay the guys in Mexico have asked for advice, the figure is not selling well and I have my ideas ( price!! )  but what do you think?   

Hannibal

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 09:59:02 AM »
Yes indeed, expensive as flat, probably flats are also in Europe too cheap against round figures too !!!
Remember that the cost of engraving is high and must be spread over a rathr smll amount of flat pièces ..  I presume that in Mexico, Diogenes is not one of their favorite heroes !!!!

I also noticed that engraving has some gaps, but like miniatures and some flats in epoy resin here freedom is given to the painter, instead of helping the painter to remove and degree of freedom, as our children had too when colouring their figures books  !!!!

Some vintage painters and judges here in Europe do not accept superfcial engravings of some époxy flats, perhaps because their have too much difficulties to find ther way to paint them; actually more power is actually given to them to initiative, interpretaton and drawing capability !! and should deserve a better rating therefor like those using freehand motives !!

(and best argument also is for these conservative painters, if engraving is not good, the first thing they do is to erase it and paint themselves the détails (such as heraldic, flowers, détails, old age on faces, ....)... or not paint such flat at all.  In ronde-bosse, it is also called 'conversion, transformation' ....
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Brian

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 08:39:05 AM »

Sorry but have to agree, the plaque (it's not a flat) is for reference, a lot of the detail will have to be added with the brush.
Price also is high! it's their first figure so maybe some advice is needed
post your thoughts and I'll pass it on.   

Trostzinn

• Associate
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 06:27:14 AM »
Hello friends,
sorry but the figure is too expensive for this size and also for the quality with 40 US dollars!
There are a lot of details missing and the relief is not very nice.
Would have been a nice character anyway, I do not understand why on a whole plate ??
Great idea but actually could have done better!

Sorry is my opinion

Andreas

Brian

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 05:22:44 AM »
No!! No!!   Michel you pay me with paypal  at 37.00 pounds and I do the rest, pay the guys out in Mexico and get the figure to you by post from me, easy!!! 

Hannibal

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 04:40:34 AM »
Let me known Brian, as you are using another strange money than here ... (it will cost me a lot with three currencies conversions in this transaction!)
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Brian

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 03:17:28 AM »
So just Michel and myself, to make it easier payment was to be made to me and I pay Flats Mexico as one lump, Will give it another few days before ordering to give you a chance of being added to the list  ;)   

PJDeluhery

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 03:34:37 PM »
I like the figure, Brian. Will keep it in mind for the future. Thanks for sharing.
BFFS Member,
N. American Rep.
If the world is wrong; then right your own self...Brother Dave Gardner

Hannibal

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 02:51:59 PM »
meaning some 39 euros total.

Can we pay in euros?  If Donald imposes an embargo on Mexico, we would be condemned to billions of dollars for using his money for the transaction... I wish to avoid using dollars ...
1 peso (MXN) is 0.04444 €
Michel
_______

Brian

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 12:05:33 PM »

Just had word from Flats Mexico and the figure 40 USD plus 5 for post
Total 45 USD 
Size is   12.5 X 9 cm 

Hannibal

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 07:55:03 AM »
List me as first candidate Brian !
Diogenes has always been a fascinating character since I was 16...
Michel
_______

Brian

Flats Mexico's first
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 05:07:35 AM »

Flats Mexico have released their first figure  "Diogenes"   75mm
Will be trying to get a hand full to sell here in the UK, if your interested  in getting one from 2D just let us know or direct from Mexico from   Flats Mexico on face book